Vivotab Note: What do the different model numbers mean?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by lonk, Oct 25, 2014.

1. lonk

lonk Pen Pal - Newbie

I live in the UK and I want to buy a Vivotab Note 64GB and the price for the 64GB version varies between £170-250. now thats a huge price difference considering they both have the same storage and specs, the only thing I found different is that they all have different model numbers, such as:

-M80TA-DL004P
    -M80TA-DL010P
    -M80TA-C1-BK
    -M80TAB1BK

What do these numbers mean? is the lower priced model one of the earlier production model that is more likely to have a pen issue? which specific model is the most recent?

thanks in advance for any response

2. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

So far it seems the pen issue can strike any of the production runs (by build date). I don't know how to decode those model numbers though.

3. agraham

agraham Pen Pal - Newbie

The model numbering and exact specifications of these tablets seems to be very confusing, as are the wildly differing prices at which they are offered! I don't trust the specifications on sellers sites as some are obviously incorrect which makes me wary of all of them, including the Asus UK site whose specifications seem incomplete. You can possibly take what I say below with a pinch of salt also.

I don't know all the differences but the "P" suffixed versions have Windows 8 Pro while the others suffixed "H" have normal Windows 8. The M80TA-DL004P is the first 64GB Windows 8.1 Pro version on sale in the UK , which I bought on first release. As I understand it Pro versions come with Office trial while "H" versions have a full Office Home & Student license. 32GB versions are "001". The two widely available original models when I bought mine were M80TA-001H and M80TA-004P.

The M80TA-DL010P appears to have replaced the M80TA-DL004P but I have been unable to find out any difference between the two.

I thought the "B1" had 32GB storage while the "C1" had 64GB storage, both with standard Windows 8.1 and I further thought that both were overseas model numbers and so if available in the UK may be grey imports, putting a possible question over their warranty status with Asus.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014