VivoTab Note 8 problems

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Tourniquet, May 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tourniquet

Tourniquet Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi, I bought the VivoTab Note 8 a couple of weeks ago. I'm not impressed by the build quality and also the digitizer. I've really hoped i could replace it with the surface mini :D but as you now it didn't show up yesterday.

Anyway, my problem with the digitizer is i can't draw straight lines. I ALWAYS get some spikes near the edges of the screen. First i thought it's the IVSO Case, but even without the IVSO Case I still get spikes instead of a straight line.

Is there anything i can do to fix it somehow?

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  2. squib

squib Pen Pal - Newbie

Be sure to increase your Virtualmemory, free up space on your Windows drive, update Wacom drivers to the new Feelit one, calibrate the stylus often and shutdown/reboot a few times a day.

All these things gave me a significant increase in usability in art programs.

3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

There is, however, a known flaw that has to do with the speaker magnet on the left hand side of the tablet when in landscape mode. It tends to pull the cursor to the left as you get within a quarter inch of the spot. I did not have it on my first unit and it is very pronounced on my second unit. I'm hoping for better luck with my 3rd.:D

4. Tourniquet

Tourniquet Scribbler - Standard Member

The cursor pull is there too, but the spikes are really annoying, because when i get near the edges the words get deformed because of it.

I saw someone posting a screenshot / video with the same problem i've got, but can't find it anymore.

I sent the device in two times now, i don't want to sent it away a third time.

5. ananimus

ananimus Pen Pal - Newbie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.