Vivotab Note 8 pen stopped working

Discussion in 'Asus' started by graki, Feb 27, 2014.

1. HeavyHanded

HeavyHanded Windows Tablet PC Zealot!

Hurray! After about four weeks I finally got my tablet back! It took me a few hours to get iTunes, SketchBook Pro, Manga Studio, Hexagon, and my Windows Store apps reinstalled; and windows updates are ongoing. I downloaded the new Wacom driver, too. I put on the German made Matte Screen protector recommended by Bronsky. Anyway, looking at the invoice, Asus replaced the LCD panel (I reported dead pixel) and a cable for the digitizer (as was reported is being replaced to fix the issue) and so far...

IT IS WORKING! I love this tablet!
    With the new price, I'll be buying one for my brother, if they get this problem solved one and for all in their manufacturing process.

Anyway hail Wacom! Hail Asus! Hail Windows 8.1.

Zig Zeon!

Bronsky and Mesosphere like this.
  2. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I will do that.

3. Dayas

Dayas Pen Pal - Newbie

Sooo my tablet had the classical failure beyond repair we all know, and then, to spice things up, my kid dropped it and cracked the glass screen. I went to have it look at, they took it apart to check for the part number, but the cost to replace the glass was almost the same as buying a new tablet, so I started to get comfortable with the idea.

Yesterday, however, I took the stylus out and decided to try it just for fun. Much to my surprise, the pen is working without any hiccups! I've been testing it up and down with OneNote, freshpaint, gimp, and regular use.

And now that it is fully working, I fell in love with this tablet again. If I buy a new one I have to give this one to my brother, and the new one may or may not work as good as this one (keep pen functionality)

What would you do? Would you prefer a pen functionality or a nice (uncrack) screen?

4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

The first thing I would do is check my warranty. I think we get a 1 year warranty with accidental damage protection. They should fix your display. I would RMA it and make sure they put in the new cables that seem to fix the digitizer issues.

5. HeartStrong07

HeartStrong07 Pen Pal - Newbie

Okay, so they replaced my HP Slate 7 Extreme with a HP Slate 7 Beats Audio Edition. I am tempted to keep it, as opposed to selling it on eBay, and, then buying the AUSA VivoTab Note 8 outright (as opposed to the original swapping). I have already ordered the AUSA VivoTab Note 8.

I am tempted, so tempted .... Have to give this 24 hours of thoughts. In the interim, I will set up the eBay sell.

Someone convince me not to open the HP Slate 7 Beats Audio Edition packaging.

IMG_20140822_152447_zps678bd0ee.jpg IMG_20140822_152509_zpsa70a5ca8.jpg

HeavyHanded likes this.
  6. pfontaine2

pfontaine2 Pen Pal - Newbie

Yesterday, my pen stopped working. It's been just over three months since I purchased the tablet. It had not been used for a few days while I was on vacation though it had been left plugged in and in sleep mode. When I check Device Manager, the Wacom icon has an exclamation point next to it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Wacom Driver, disabled and re-enabled the Wacom driver but nothing seems to work. I've contacted Asus and I am in the process of getting a RMA number so that it can be repaired. I'm very disappointed since I thought I had escaped the dreaded "dead pen" issue but I'm now in the same boat as so many others!

HeavyHanded likes this.
  7. pfontaine2

pfontaine2 Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, my tablet is working again. Windows updated while I was away and it dawned on me that I didn't run CCleaner to clear out my registry. After a scan, my tablet is running fine again. Strange but ultimately satisfying to not have to send it in for repairs!

8. HeavyHanded

HeavyHanded Windows Tablet PC Zealot!

I command you not to open your HP tablet. Return it to its source and let it take its rightful place in ignominy.

HeartStrong07 likes this.
  9. HeartStrong07

HeartStrong07 Pen Pal - Newbie

It is now in the FedEx transport bag, we all need a push sometime, thank you... I like all shiny new toys.... I am now patiently waiting for my ASUS to arrive :D

HeavyHanded likes this.
  10. ac223mal

ac223mal Pen Pal - Newbie

Just got mine back, repair took one day. Asus got it on Wednesday and I just received it today. They work order shows:

Replace M80TA DIGI FFC 8P, 0.5MM, 35MM

But now when I try to restore it to add my user account from Microsoft I get another error message and it wont allow me to add it.