Vivotab Note 8 pen stopped working

Discussion in 'Asus' started by graki, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I feel largely the same way. The M80TA has moved right in as my main device out of the office. Not even the announcement of the new TP10 really makes me think about replacing the AVN8 other that to wish that there was a better built option.

As far as donning cargo pants ... :rolleyes:

That's not been my experience with Asus. Hopefully, the company surprises us.

2. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Function/Style for me =) And they must not be in style because I'm having a really difficult time finding them. I searched about 8 stores and came away with only a single pair. I've had to move my search to Amazon. So far I'm liking the Carharts the best.

It helps to be in a field which rarely requires the suit and tie "uniform".

3. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I have reinit my first AVN8. And the pen is not working.
    It will be sent before the end of the week to Asus.

The second one is always working without any issue, except it seems more hot when charging.
    A third one is arriving from the US.

4. Bronsky

As a scientist and academic, you can also get away with wearing hush puppies and corduroy jackets with patches on the sleeves.;) Can't go wrong with Carharts (other than, of course, from the perspective of style) Surplus Army issue BDU pants would be good too if you can find them.

When I coached a high school mock trial team years ago, our scientific experts always dressed in ill fitting pants, button down shirts, sweaters, corduroy jackets with sleeve patches and Clark Wallabies (if we could find them). Glasses were mandatory as well and hair was gelled to have patches sticking up randomly.

Mesosphere likes this.
  5. CharlieP

CharlieP Pen Pal - Newbie

The Windows 8.1 April Update is also now available (otherwise known as SP1) But that mostly seems like updates to mouse shortcuts. Anyway the pen still works after installing it!

6. grxgr

grxgr Pen Pal - Newbie

Did you try the method like mine?
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/asus/61338-vivotab-note-8-pen-stopped-working-18.html#post386559

I believe the problem is from the driver, wacom is very slow to annouce the driver suit for AVTN8, I don't know why the will do it slowly.
    The accuracy of Stylus is very poor that I can't draw....
    I don't know how to calibrate with pen adjustment tools. Anyone try to contact wacom for request the new driver for it?

7. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Sounds like more than a few professors I've had =)

For me it has always been t-shirt and jeans (recently replaced with cargo pants) in the winter and t-shirt and cargo shorts in the summer and no glasses as of yet. I'm just a lowly postdoc though. I may be forced to pick up a corduroy jacket so I can fit in if I end up going the professor route =P

8. chobo

chobo Pen Pal - Newbie

Update to my post #183. As opposed to my hope but as I expected, the pen stopped working again this morning. I am returning this unit to MS today as my replacement unit should be arriving today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. BobWerk

BobWerk Pen Pal - Newbie

I just received my AVN back from RMA. Disappointingly, all they did was "reinstall/reset software" despite my comment that I already tried that... Interestingly though, they also seemed to have looked at the internals as the back cover was open a gap on one side and I had to snap it back in.

10. Bronsky

Does it work? I'm taking a very minimalist and cautious approach to software updates and driver updates on the tablet. So, far, I've only updated the firmware on the M80TA, no drivers. I have loaded the W8.1,sp1 update with no negative results. Next Thursday will be a month since I replaced my original unit. So, if I'm going to have the 32 day failure, it should be next week.:rolleyes: I have not enabled live update either. So far, so good.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014