Vivotab Note 8 pen stopped working

Discussion in 'Asus' started by graki, Feb 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAM 2013

SAM 2013 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Have you sent your unit back yet?

2. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Not yet. I did not find the time to do it.
    It will be this week. I already have my rma number.

3. chobo

chobo Pen Pal - Newbie

I agree. I did everything including the graphics driver reinstall up to the factory reset and none of them fixed the problem. It does appear that it fixes the problem a little while but the pen will stop working again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. CharlieP

CharlieP Pen Pal - Newbie

Whilst I agree in principle, why does restoring the PC to a blank installation fix the problem at all?

Given that last time the pen stopped working it didn't matter how I restarted, including totally flattening the battery, various reboots, holding the power button down and of course shutdown or sleep from the menu. If I restore from backup the pen will be dead when the pc is restarts, no matter what I do. If I reset the PC to factory settings it works.

The problem is when I sent the PC back for repair all they did was a factory reset :(

Either way I want to understand the circumstances that stop the pen. At the moment the pen still works (in the circumstance that I have not enabled BitLocker.) I honestly don't know if that is the solution yet though!

...c

5. vitavirgl

vitavirgl Pen Pal - Newbie

If it is HW problem, then why sometimes some software changes helps for a bit of time? Dead hardware remains dead. Only other things could be this electro-magnectic and other fields, they can cause such time-term problems. Such a mystery this device is :D

6. SAM 2013

SAM 2013 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Time-space distortion?

Where is Scotty when you need him....

vitavirgl likes this.
  7. thatdude90210

thatdude90210 Pen Pal - Newbie

It's a bit of a puzzler. The fact that no one else seem to be able to replicated my "fix" from page 15 didn't fill me with confidence. I decided to call for an exchange from MS before my 30 days are up. Unfortunately they don't have the 64GB in stock so I will send it back for a refund. And I don't have the time to run to an MS store.

I'm sold on this thing, I just hope Asus have a handle on this issue soon.

8. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I did it too.
    But it did not solve my issue.

I think it is because a component is near to fail, and any restart can solve it, including a blank installation. Probably a software can help to reset something. But at the end, it will fail. Mine did not get back since a week. I will do afresh install before sending it, just to be sure they will not "solve" it that way. I will tell you if this fresh install makes the pen working this time.

For your info, by default, after afresh install, if you do nothing, bitlocker is activated.
    I do not like bitlocker. So, I deactivated it since the beginning. But I got the pen work, don't work, work...

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  9. alexb2611

alexb2611 Pen Pal - Newbie

In my case the pen would work for about 5 minutes after a clean install and then fail, I also reset it before sending it back, but for security reasons ;)

10. grxgr

grxgr Pen Pal - Newbie

umm
    hello everyone, I 've try the same problem after I restore the windows8 to factory setting.
    However, there is no problem before it.
    Then , I try to find out the solution what I 've done when receviced my vivotab.
    I remember that I try to seek a way to calibrate the accuration of stylus. Therfore, I try to find the latest wintab driver.
    And I do the same thing again, no working of stylus after sleep is gone.

The things I done as follows:
    1.download and install the driver for lenovo notebook from
    WinTab Driver for Windows 8.1 (32-bit, 64-bit), 8 (32-bit, 64-bit), 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) - ThinkPad Helix and Tablet 2

2.restarted, you will suffer a wrong pointing with stylus pen
    3.And than Download and install the official wintab driver from
    Wacom Feel Driver | Wacom Americas

restart, the pen works fine after sleep. I don't sure it's a certain way for solve the problem, but it's fine at this moment. Bros, you can try and give feedback.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.