Vivotab Note 8 pen stopped working

Discussion in 'Asus' started by graki, Feb 27, 2014.

1. carljs

carljs Pen Pal - Newbie

i have same issue now i have upgraded to windows 10 on my m80ta and pen not working. but i installed the driver from the asus website 7209 and run the setup bat file as administrator then the pen works. but it always stops working after reboot. then i need to uninstall and reboot then install again so after reboot pen stops working. anyone have same issue ? why is it losing the driver after reset ?

2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

My guess is that Microsoft's mandatory upgrades replaces the Asus driver.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

3. Camubra

Camubra Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Carljs
    This is an excellent tablet. The problem occurs in a significant number of Vivotab Note 8, in most cases is due to a problem of assembly. In the forum thread you will find an explanation with photos and video of how to disarm the Vivotab Note 8 and fix the problem. My case, one should adjust the ribbon cable that connects to the digitizer and the problem disappeared from six months ago. I hope you achieve yours repair
    I upgrade to win 10 without problems up now
    regards

4. Ozgur

Ozgur Pen Pal - Newbie

Just run services.exe and then stop "Wacom ISD Service".

Kumabjorn likes this.
  5. jjsa1985

jjsa1985 Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi, everyone. Need a little help. My wife's note 8 is having problems with the pen. I opened it once and unfolded the hard bends on the digitizer cable a bit about a year ago when it was having problems and then it was problem free for a few months. My wife doesn't use the pen regularly so I don't know when the problem started exactly, but I tried to use the pen on it recently and it blue screened with the error "page fault in non paged area". It happens consistently. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest wacom feel driver and the earlier one from asus website and it still does not work. The two drivers fail differently though. In both cases, the tablet detects the pen hovering, but with the latest feel driver if I touch the screen with the pen it bluescreens, and sometimes even if I just hover for a while. With the asus driver, it hovers but when I touch the screen with the pen it just stops working. It no longer detects hover but the tablet continues to work without bluescreening.

My question is, is this a hardware issue? Does it need cable replacement? Or is this a driver/software issue? Are any of you experiencing the same thing?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. The tablet has not been updated to the anniversary update yet. It is still running the November update.

6. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

What you describe is similar to what we had with the first release of windows 10. Can you tell us the version of the OS you have?
    If this is the same issue, it will disappear by upgrading your windows 10 version to the last one.

If this is not the issue, try to change your cable.

7. jjsa1985

Thanks for replying. It is similar to what happened when Windows 10 first came out. I remember back then, I rolled back to Windows 8.1 and waited on reports that it had cleared before upgrading again to Windows 10, and then it was problem free. The one thing that is different this time is that it is not related to palm rejection as far as I can tell. I can hover and touch the screen on the right of the pen as much as I want and it will not bluescreen. If I touch to the left of the pen while hovering, the hover stops and registers touch. I believe that is how Windows 10 is supposed to work. She is currently on Windows 10 1511 Build 10586.494.

8. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You should not have problem with this release.
    I had ones a similar problem than yours, and I immediately changed then ribbon. Then i did not get it again.
    Just for the record, it was a ribbon I had already changed and worked during 18 months.

9. jjsa1985

It is probably hardware related. Today, the touch was not working, and I had to go into device manager to disable and enable again for it to work. I probably need to swap out both cables, but since my wife doesn't need to use the pen everyday and touch works most of the time, I have decided to leave it as is for now.

10. tgphimcachnhiet

tgphimcachnhiet Pen Pal - Newbie

whelp my pen has basically stopped working.

time to get ready to rma, any tips for doing this....

i'm further saddened by this with the fact that update made the pen so much better...why did this happen now...