Vivotab Note 8 pen stopped working

Discussion in 'Asus' started by graki, Feb 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RGrimes

RGrimes Pen Pal - Newbie

Good news everyone: I finally got my tablet pc back from being repaired. So here is the story:

I sent it to the repair area in Grapevine, Texas as the original support guy told me to do. Two days later I got an email from customer support saying I had sent it to the wrong site. I responded to them with a forwarded version of the original RMA email asking why I was told the Grapevine address. Then no contact. Yesterday I got a response saying the original customer support rep had given me the wrong address and the wrong RMA number, it had been fixed and was being shipped back. Today I go to pick it up and lo and behold: They had repaired both the Digitizer and Touch parts of the screen. The tablet now works like a charm. But we shall see if it continues working.

Solrax likes this.
  2. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

I had the exact same thing happen (send to Texas), but it took a lot longer and several calls for them to figure out they had me send it to the wrong site.

3. ac223mal

ac223mal Pen Pal - Newbie

my pen stopped working (or working very randomly), however this time I am not getting the same error messages as the last time. Right now it still shows the pen menu from the pen and touch, tablet PC settings, and wacom. The driver says its working properly.

Any ideas?

4. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yep, you are in one of the two threads concerning this issue. And you have the link to the second in the signature just above your post. You just need to read.

5. ac223mal

I read the thread you mention before posting, but I am not brave enough yet for that fix. Ive monitored this thread and I havent read about a pen fail and there not be an error code and the pen stops showing up in menu options until it comes back from a reboot until it finally dies.

Mine is showing the failure symptoms it showed when the pen stopped working that last time, but the last time I had error messages when it stopped working. This time it is showing that it is working properly, but it isnt. I was hoping it was a different problem.

6. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Do you have the Wacom feel driver installed this time? If so, it may not show an error, and, if it does, it will be in a different place.

Whether you fix it yourself is completely up to you, but you should check out the case opening video if you haven't yet. It is incredibly easy.

7. Solrax

Solrax Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine failed that way occasionally. Find it in the Device Manager (where it *isn't* showing an error), and use the properties to Stop and Start the device. It should either come back, or it will then show the error. I think in this kind of state Windows doesn't "realize" that the device isn't working.

8. ac223mal

I do have the feel driver installed. Where would the error show up at.

I watched the video and am tempted to do, however, I have never worked on a computer. Opening doesn't scare me as much as switching out cables. I will look further into it, then I'm afraid of voiding the accidental protection. But I also don't want to send it back to Asus and be without it, especially since their fix doesn't last longer than the tablet did new.

In device manager under HID-Compliant Mouse, I didnt see a stop/start option. So I disabled and then enabled the driver. Pen came back no error message.

9. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

This will probably work as a temporary fix. If you're not comfortable, I would RMA it.

10. ac223mal

It went out only tempory fix at best. This is the second time I will have to RMA. The problem right now, is Ive tried for 24 hours to RMA on the ASUS website and I keep getting a connection lost failed message. Ive tried using explorer and chrome and same result. Really frustrating...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.