Vivotab Note 8 pen stopped working

Discussion in 'Asus' started by graki, Feb 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rirawin

rirawin Scribbler - Standard Member

Apologies but do I email asus europe or is there a website where we can file a complaint?.

2. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

3. rirawin

Cheers,

Got this message, worried because I don't have a receipt?. So what happens?, does it means its getting collected?.

n the event that the manufacturers warranty has expired we will require a copy of the proof of purchase in the form of till receipt or VAT invoice which will be used for warranty validation.

If your unit is still within the manufacturer’s warranty period it will be collected within 2 working days of the RMA being issued.

4. Solrax

Solrax Pen Pal - Newbie

You should be OK unless there is a vastly shorter warranty in Europe. If you are within warranty they will know it by the manufacture date on the tablet. In the US we have a year warranty, so anyone who RMA's it now must be within warranty.

5. rirawin

It should be a year as standard, hopefully common sense will kick in and they realize it was released this year and should be within warranty.

Thanks

6. LeanLee

LeanLee Pen Pal - Newbie

I too bought a used, but "very good" M80TA from Amazon warehouse that arrived yesterday. When I started it up, the pen was terrible. Actually worse than terrible, but I can't think of a better word.

It did 39 updates then this morning there were another 43 needing three reboots. Each time the pen got better then I found a link here for the latest wacom driver, 720-10 and it is VERY acceptable now. Not perfect but certainly no longer frustrating to use.

Because of waking-from-Sleep issues on our Lenovo Miix, I now always disable Hibernate and never use Sleep on both devices. So far, no problems. Sleep has frequent dead touch/digitizer issues as with the Surface Pro 3. I am sure it is a msoft drivers issue. After a while (several hours) Sleeping, it turns to Hibernate as there is virtually no battery drain. So the issue, I think, is the transition from Sleep-Hibernate-Awake and the problem is in there somewhere. Preventing Hibernation will solve it, but a little slower starts.

Anyway, to disable Hibernate, open an admin-command window, type
    powercfg -h off

Since doing that on the Miix, we have had zero waking or restart issues. I am hoping the M80 will be the same. I was almost set to return it yesterday because of the crappy pen performance. When I got the 43 update message this morning I decided to give a little longer. Glad I did. Warming to it very fast now.

7. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I thought the minimum warranty in the EU is two years. The M80TA has not yet been on sale for more than 8 months. Every unit made and sold thus far should be within the original manufacturer's warranty. I suspect, however, that Asus will only honor the warranty if you are the original purchaser. Still, it's worth a try to give them the serial # and mfg date and see if you can get them to honor the warranty.

8. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

I don't know about the EU, but in the US they asked for no information that would have been required to determine if I was the original purchaser. I'm pretty sure I only gave them the serial number.

9. nikolaus

nikolaus Pen Pal - Newbie

Asus Vivotab 8 M81C

I see stylus, but it`s not Wacom

This tablet sold on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/400784548919

Ultrakompaktes Windows 8.1 Tablet mit brillantem IPS-HD-Display, Miracast-Unterstützung und Wacom Digitizer Eingabestift

I asked the seller about the stylus, he replied that he had no this information :vbconfused:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  10. alexb2611

alexb2611 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.