Vivotab Note 8 pen stopped working

Discussion in 'Asus' started by graki, Feb 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rockhunter

rockhunter Pen Pal - Newbie

I think the Lenovo ThinkPad 8 includes Wacom digitizers on some variants but at a price premium .

2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Nope. (10char)

3. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

You don't need 10 chars anymore =)

Bronsky likes this.
  4. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

So many of us wish that were the case, but as Bronsky said. Nope, this is the Asus M80Ta is the only game in town.

5. RGrimes

RGrimes Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey everyone, I recently got this tablet myself (Delivered to my work at ~ 1:00 PM CST). I did five days of pre-research on all the issues and (despite that) I still bought it. I managed to get the default (integrated) wacom stylus working for all of five minutes, when I accidentally put it into sleep mode (that was done at ~5:00 PM). When I woke my tablet at ~5:30 PM, it didn't work. The time (as of now) is ~1:55 AM and I still have not gotten it to work. I have talked to Asus support twice (phone calls, the latter of which the guy had the audacity to suggest that my finger was too big when the touch inputs were not working), and a live chat. I have an RMA set up and just need to either walk up to the place or ship it out. I'm currently reading through all 53 pages of this forum (currently on roughly page 24? 25?) and have tried EVERYONE'S suggestions. To no avail. Have we received word yet on whether or not Asus has officially found the issue? Or maybe hinted at it in some dark/dank corner of the internet forums?

EDIT: Slight notice: I also did the survey that someone posted on google docs. My stylus didn't work as soon as I opened up the box.

6. Solrax

Solrax Pen Pal - Newbie

If yours is dead out of the box like that I think you might be better off returning it and getting a new one than RMA'ing it. Asus doesn't seem to have nearly as good a handle on this problem as Mesosphere does, so you might get them shipping it back to you with just the OS reinstalled or something as happened to a lot of people. My interactions with Asus support leave me with zero faith that they have any idea how to resolve this problem.

Mesosphere and Bronsky like this.
  7. RGrimes

RGrimes Pen Pal - Newbie

I bought it Certified Refurbished from Amazon (not sure if I mentioned that or not). I talked to Asus and as I stated they gave me an RMA. I can drive down to their repair center as I live fairly near it, but I'd if they would allow that. I have done everything short of opening the back and jiggling the cables.

8. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

That has always been my experience with Asus support in the US. It is a frustrating experience. I would attach the Notice from the Singapore Service center about the walk-in repair and ask for the cables to be replaced. I'm probably going to exchange mine soon at the MS Store, but I'll be upgrading the cables myself to assure that it's done right.

9. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Can you share with us your bookmark ?

10. rirawin

rirawin Scribbler - Standard Member

Gahhh the stylus has stopped working, so can anyone tell me what the process to start sending this back?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.