Vivotab Note 8 LCD Display color burnt

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Jet_Stream, Nov 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jet_Stream

Jet_Stream Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello Everyone:hi:

I need technical help in fixing my tab and I would greatly appreciate any help from you guys so long story short, I was watching a whole series of video one thursday night when this started to happen, eventually, only the little top/side part of the screen is clear in portrait/landscape, it's a pain, really. Bought this neat little guy 2 months ago. Oh, how could I be so careless?..:vboops:

When I take screenshots, the shots are absolutely okay, but the screen looked terrible outside, I then took it to one of the country's Asus service centers for RMA or just repair but ended up with a sad and unhappy face, they don't support tablets, they don't care which is truly a shame, it seems my RMA here will not do,

I searched google for any display component and found only frames, Is the frame in this tab connected to the LCD display?,:vbconfused: Is there any site available for me to shop for this specified part in the US? Please help me, I'm the only one who can save this little guy here,:confused: and I'll be deconstructing this guy for surgery not to soon...

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  2. Largrande

Largrande Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow !
    I now burn ins form my lenovo Helix pretty well. But on the helix the burn ins are always gone in a couple of minutes. you can try this video in full screen. Mybe it will helpe you. But honestly i think you have to RAM the little bastard

3. Jet_Stream

Well I'm actually surprise to see this small timer never had issues with the bigger complaints posted around the forum &
    I'd love to RMA this little thing but the country where I'm in right now doesn't even know a tablet pc exist,

Will try out your suggestion in a day, is this is a treatment or a cure? if it works or gets worse, I'll still post the outcome

I'll be back...

4. abeki

abeki Pen Pal - Newbie

I've left the tablet displaying the same screen for 16 hours and there has been no burn-in.

You haven't mentioned what country your in.

5. Jet_Stream

Well, the Burn In image fix was a failure,static white screen with dimmed part was still visible for 22 hrs, I really think a replacement of the lcd display would fix this, and I can't find the specific part from any store, such rare commodity!

It occurred eventually in a different scenario with no warning, the pics I posted were an aftermath

The country?, I could give you a hint, from last years book, dan browns Inferno, he mentioned a city called the gates of hell(a little true though), where the girl who volunteered to help got,..uh, never mind

Does the DV8Pro lcd display work/compatible with AVNote8?, having trouble finding this type of part anywhere,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.