Vivotab Note 8 - Buy now, or wait?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Fret44, May 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sweetpea8472

Sweetpea8472 Scribbler - Standard Member

Most of the reports of faulty devices are from the first generation. If you order now, I doubt you'll get a 2014/01 device...

2. chrismariusb

chrismariusb Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, I've got it now, and it seems to work fine. Very happy w/ the performance of OneNote. Haven't tried Photoshop yet, but aren't we still waiting on Wacom drivers that work, or something?

3. SDreamer

SDreamer Scribbler - Standard Member

The AVTN8 WinTab drivers have been out since April I believe. So it should work in PS.

4. dlcottin

dlcottin Pen Pal - Newbie

I have had mine for about six weeks and rarely use the pen, so may not be a good opinion on the machine. However, I paired it with a B-th keyboard and a B-th mouse and use it when traveling as a laptop replacement and so far have had no issues. Use WORD AND EXCEL while on the road, check e-mails and browse i-net to do usual daily chores. No issues. The mouse is the HP from Amazon and the keyboard is the cheap folding one from iWerks.

5. HeartStrong07

HeartStrong07 Pen Pal - Newbie

I am definitely in the wait camp. I really want to buy this tablet ... but the pen issues have scared me away :(

Dave47 likes this.
  6. Solitude

Solitude Pen Pal - Newbie

By the end of July it will be apparent if the Wacom fail rate problem extends to units assembled in March and April. If there is no new 8 inch Wacom offering buy then.

That said, I am loving mine.

7. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

For anyone who's waited this long, it's probably worth waiting for Computex, which is next week I think. We should see if anyone else is going to release an 8" Wacom competitor for the M80TA. I've just developed a third line on my display but I'm waiting to bring it to the MS Store (I have MS Complete Care) until the S3 is there. I would like to try it out, even though I am leery of the N-Trig pen. I really like the size of the M80TA but the shoddy build quality and engineering (or lack of engineering I should say) drives me nuts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.