Vivo Tab mechanical issues - anyone else has this problem?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by galtom, May 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galtom

galtom Pen Pal - Newbie

My TF810c was send for repair yesterday, but I was already told in the shop that one issue is my fault and it will not be fixed.
    Considering how much TF810 cots in Poland I will not let go (especially that I know it is devices fault not my inattention.

So...

1. Seal on the hinge (the one between hinge and docking station is all ripped and pushed down by edge of docking station. Not nice as there is glue left inside and on the edge of keyboard.
    More and more dirt get in.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/1jyv0ga8ok6dpsk/DSC_9109.JPG

2. Frame of the screen just broke (above place where all materials plastic and aluminium meet). It is not chipped (as after hitting something), just split.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8lf88iv5z0096m0/DSC_9120.JPG

Any one with similar issues?

2. rene_canlas

rene_canlas Pen Pal - Newbie

I also had a chip on the upper right side of the unit where the lcd screen meets the case.
    Was fixed under warranty when i had my TF810C's screen replaced because of a blemish.

3. galtom

galtom Pen Pal - Newbie

Can you tell me what branch of Asus was so kind to its customers?
    You would not happen to have any pictures of this chip?

4. rene_canlas

rene_canlas Pen Pal - Newbie

This was a local Asus support branch here in the Philippines.
    Thee chip is actually a crack on the portion of the bezel between the lcd and the aluminum backing, just like how you described yours.

I was lucky that my LCD had a blemish on the lower left side-- a whitish/grayish area. This was covered under warranty and since the bezel is part of the LCD component, it was replaced as well.

I am very happy with Asus support, they accepted the unit without question and after a week i had my baby back.

5. galtom

galtom Pen Pal - Newbie

I got bad feelings about how Asus Poland will resolve my problem.
    I suspect that will say it is "mechanical issue" caused be me/something and I can f... off.

If you got any correspondence with Asus Philippines that would show that similar issue was sorted out in different way be same company (just different branch) it might be helpful for me.
    I would truly appreciate if you could let me know if you got any e-mail correspondence, rapport or opinion form Asus (and pictures of your chip).

Thanks!

Just as I though. I have received letter today.
    Repair centre is blaming me for chip in the bezel (although in my case it is not a chip as nothing is missing, bezel is just split + there are no marks [even tiniest ones] on the screen next to it or anywhere actually).

@Asus... I will not let it go that easily. This device cost me over $1200. It is a lot of money and its looks is immaculate (always kept in cover (+ I bought second one to make sure even tablet is used with additional security), Not a scratch on it anywhere. And you are cheeky enough to say it happened due to improper use.

We will see - very, very angry and disappointed Asus user :-(

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  6. galtom

galtom Pen Pal - Newbie

Just as I thought - I got reply that crack is my fault. Even with Flexbook by Poetic on top of it :-(
    Looks like it will take longer to get it sorted :-(

7. galtom

galtom Pen Pal - Newbie

@Rene_canlas: I relly need your help.
    I have been asked by Asus Poland to provide them with your RMA or device S/N number.
    Looks like they do not belive any other Asus repair center would treat customer differently.
    Please (i hope you'll read this message), contact me via mail: galtom[at]windowslive.com
    or if you do not feel safe with this please msg Asus directly (https://www.facebook.com/ASUS.Polska), in this case just let me know it is done.
    You can metnion it is regarding Tomasz's TF810.

Please, please say yopu did read this! :) I am about to get them to court with this :-(