Visual Studio 2008

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Crito, Aug 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crito

Crito Scribbler - Standard Member

Someone said VS 2008 screwed up their tx2500 tablet. Can't seem to find the original thread, just remember reading it. I've got a copy of standard edition from attending the "Heroes Happen Here" launch event in Omaha. Will be installing it as soon as my full PC backup completes. ;) Don't understand why VS 2008 setup would mess with drivers...

2. Cadaeic

Cadaeic Scribbler - Standard Member

no problems here when i installed on vista 32

haven't yet installed on vista 64

3. Crito

Pen and touch seem to be working normally here too. And I'm using Vista Ultimate 64-bit. Can't recall what the problem was exactly, might have been rotate button or something I haven't tried yet, but so far everything appears to be working.

Had been saving that license/copy for a while. Used up four $1.50 dual layer DVDs doing my backup though. And now I'm going to need to do another with VS installed. So went back down to Best Buy and bought a Dynex eSATA-II ExpressCard for my tx2500 ($59.99). Now I can save my backups to a Maxtor SATA-II drive I put in an Antec MX-1 external encosure. Should go a little faster next time around. :D

4. Crito

Just installed Expression Studio 2 without any problems BTW. This little lappy is loaded for bear now. ;)

5. Crito

And a full PC backup just finished in 17 minutes. That's compared to 4-5 hours with dual layer DVDs. LOL

eSATA is the way to go. Wish this laptop had come with the port like my other HP. An HDMI port would have been nice too.

6. MioTheGreat

MioTheGreat Pen Pal - Newbie

It won't. You'll be fine with it.

7. number2jcb

number2jcb Pen Pal - Newbie

After I installed Visual Studio 2008 Team Suite on HomePremium x64 my touch screen and pen functionality went out. Didn't make any sense to me. I was forced to reinstall the driver and everything went back to normal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.