Vista Upgrade - got yours?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by gil-galad, Jul 27, 2007.

?

Have you gotten your Vista Upgrade?

1. Yes, I got my upgrade in (or before) March

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. Yes, I got my upgrade in April (or later)

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. No, my 32-bit version hasn't come

22 vote(s)
    66.7%
  4. No, don't know what the status of my 64-bit order is

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macuis

macuis Pen Pal - Newbie

Their whole setup is pretty poor. I received an email March 6, 2007, stating that if I don't receive it by May 1, 2007, and I don't notify them that I haven't received it, then they may not be able to ship another order. So I email them today to see what's going on. And their response is "Shipping timelines vary by manufactures. We will notify you when your order is shipped." So not only have they yet to ship, but past May 1, 2007, they may not be able to do anything.

2. Horsepower

Horsepower Pen Pal - Newbie

Get my tablet January 10, immediately filed for upgrade. Sometime in March I got a reply that 64 bit was not applicable, had to refile, still waiting.

3. thundermax

thundermax Pen Pal - Newbie

from reading other forums, it seems like cost of upgrade also varies by manufacturer. I've seen reports of $0 to $22 being charged for shipping.

4. deepak

deepak Scribbler - Standard Member

yes thundermax, it does. in fact some manufacturers don't even offer a free upgrade, some of them actually only offer you the upgrade at a lower price than the market price, but not totally free. I think the asus price for shipping however is good. Hp offers free upgrade and shipping fee is only $9.95.

5. R D E

R D E Pen Pal - Newbie

I recieved email in late march almost 3 months after I ordered saying I ordered the wrong product. I ordered the 64bit version of business.

I complained emailing them saying that I didn't order the wrong product, they offered the wrong product etc.

They emailed back saying I had windows xp home edition and I should have selected Home edition of Vista.

I knew about the deadline 1st May...thats tommorow So today I re ordered like they told me to but selected the only product offered this time which was the 32 bit windows vista business edition. Emailed them like they told me to with the previous order number and the new one and also said underneath this:

I have just checked my bank account and they have taken the money out so it shouldn't be far away.

Wow, great service. Ordered today and it looks like there dispatching today ;)

6. jdwilson

jdwilson Scribbler - Standard Member

Well, it has been a month since I was promised an expedited shipment.

Today I spent 1 1/2 hours working with Moduslink on this and finally got something that looks satisfying. I had to call their direct number (801-431-5000 for North Americans) and insist on speaking to a manager. Josh was very nice and the first person who really made himself accountable for solving my problem.

They placed a new order for me, and I insisted on written confirmation via email before I would hang up. Good think I did, because the order they placed was to someone with the same name in Arkansas. So I got another screenshot of the order (they are putting it in a different system than the one that is available via the website) and it confirms I'm in.

My advice to anyone who wants their Vista upgrade is to pick a day when you have plenty of time to be on hold and be very patient. Insist on a screenshot of the order information to verify everything, make sure you are in for an Asus product (if they send you the wrong manufacturer's product you're out of luck), make sure you get the extension number and email address of the person you are working with (and anyone you talk to). The extension number should be 5 digits such as 21111 (not a real extension). You'll get an email address when you get your screenshot emailed to you.

At one point in the call, I was told that the manufacturer might be the reason for the delay . . . but then they said they would ship today. So we'll see.

John

7. R D E

R D E Pen Pal - Newbie

Put the champaigne on ice, I have just recieved my 'order has shipped' confirmation email.
    :D

8. tycoon18

tycoon18 Pen Pal - Newbie

I got mine yesterday after i emailed them 3 days ago asking for status. I have a question, Since i already have Vista buissness given by university on my laptop can I use that upgrade cd on any other computer or it will only work on Asus. The Certificate says Windows Vista buissness Asus. And if I have a 64 bit cd will that product key work for it or its only for 32 bit because the one university gave me works for both. Thanks in advance.

9. thundermax

thundermax Pen Pal - Newbie

mine has drivers specific to my model, it wouldn't work on another. Not sure how Asus is though.

10. tycoon18

tycoon18 Pen Pal - Newbie

They sent me 2 cds The Asus vista driver cd and vista buissness upgrade dvd.