Vista Style TIP in Windows 7 Possible?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 7' started by Mysterae, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mysterae

Mysterae Wannabe Tablet User

Hello,

I've just installed Windows 7 on my Motion Computing LE1600 and all is well except one thing, the Tablet Input Panel (TIP). I'm not getting on with it at all!

Is there any way to revert back to the Windows Vista style of TIP, except for reinstalling Vista?

Thanks.

2. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

you might be able to remove the tip executable from a vista image and replace the windows 7 one, but no guarantee that would work.

What isn't working for you in the new TIP? It's a massive improvement over Vista's.

3. Mysterae

Thanks kpvis.

We* prefer the style of the Vista TIP, it has the icons for .co and .uk when entering addresses, the font was proper not the handwriting lookalike, it just felt better! The win7's TIP and the .com drove me mad until I finally managed to get the .co.uk in the TIP.

*When I say we, I mean the girlfriend and I, as we use the tablet about the same amount!

I've only just installed windows 7 so I think I will leave it on there for a few days and see how we get on.

4. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Better try to get used to it. In my opinion it's a major improvement, especially with the handwriting lookalike font, which makes everything more natural together with the very intuitive gestures.
    I don't think that it's easy to revert back, because the TIP is a fundamental part of the OS.

5. Mysterae

Once I've finished the transfer of backed up files, links etc, the tablet will be back in the livingroom and we shall see how we get on. If anyones interested I'll report back!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.