Vista SP2 anyone?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by adoucette, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adoucette

adoucette New Tablet User

Has anyone had success with Vista SP2 on a T4220?

I installed vista SP2 last night on my 4220 running vista ultimate and it was not a good experience. The install seemed to work OK, but then the PC would freeze shortly after logging on to windows - every time. It even erased all of my previous system restore points. It got to where I felt lucky that I could make it to the control panel and select to uninstall the SP2 update. After uninstalling, no problems since. (whew:rolleyes: )

The faulting programs were the tablet.exe and the "tosrfcom"

So, I'll try to stay away from SP2 until there are some updated drivers or more MS updates to fix problems...

2. hydrocyanic

hydrocyanic Pen Pal - Newbie

took me 2days from fresh vista to get to sp1, i just jump the gun and install windows 7 instead... that's sp2 for me

3. gordoncahill

gordoncahill Scribbler - Standard Member

Have SP2 on my P1620. No problems at all.

Gordon

4. lmcid

lmcid Pen Pal - Newbie

I had no problem going up to SP2 Vista with my T4220. For the last couple hours everything seems to be working fine.

5. Supersonic

Supersonic Scribbler - Standard Member

My T5010 is fine.

6. MadCow

MadCow Pen Pal - Newbie

T4220, Vista Business. No problems upgrading over here.

7. powowcow

powowcow Tablet PC Lover

Same here. No issues with mine.

8. bmorison

bmorison Pen Pal - Newbie

last week I spent many hours loading all the 'important' updates, finally I loaded SP2. It took a long time to download and longer to install but I think it is much better than before. I had been at the point where I had given up on my T4220 for over a year.
    I had to upgrade the Fujitsu shock sensor driver to get that working. I still have two icons for each user id, which I am told is an omnipass bug. Also, the keyboard mappings for double quote(") and the 'at' sign (@) are on the wrong keys. I can live with these, but they are annoying.
    Cheers,

9. phuoc

phuoc Pen Pal - Newbie

SP2 on vista business and not a single issue.

10. CharlesGust

CharlesGust Pen Pal - Newbie

At one point last year, I installed Vista Ultimate on my T2010. It was a big mistake because I could never get the Tablet buttons to work again, AutoRotate now longer works (I have to manually select Rotate Screen in the Windows Mobility Center), and every time I reboot I get an FJSetSlt error.

For months, I've been getting Windows Update notices to install Vista SP2. I have been down the Microsoft knowledgebase path of emptying my cache, manually downloading SP2, run as administrator, deactivate AV software, etc. SP2 won't install. I last tried it over a few days in May. I don't even remember the error messages. It starts the install, and then starts unwinding it.

Can anyone get SP2 installed on a T2010? If you can, are you running Vista Business or Vista Ultimate? I'm considering wiping Vista Ultimate from the disk and re-installing Vista Business, but don't know which route has more hassle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.