Vista or Windows XP tablet PC edition on T5010

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by weinilourson, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weinilourson

weinilourson Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for all the useful info! After using Asus R1F for nearly 2 1/2 years, I am looking for a new tablet. The T5010 looks great!

May I please ask as a user, would you prefer it on Windows XP Tablet PC edition, or would you keep it as Vista? I understand that the handwriting support is better with Vista, but I am worried that Vista will hog up a lot of the system resources. (I've been using Windows XP Tablet PC edition on my R1F).

Many thanks for your advice!

weini

2. frog

frog Scribbler - Standard Member

Vista - don't listen to all the negativity, it's actually a great OS. I use it on my T5010 and I'm perfectly happy with it.

3. ericshmerick

ericshmerick Scribbler - Standard Member

Mine arrives today, and I'm putting Vista Ultimate on it. Vista is actually a great OS. The initial launch was a debacle, but now it's just fine. XP seems so old and antiquated compared to Vista.

4. digs_nz

digs_nz Scribbler - Standard Member

I agree with the two previous posters, and might I add (although I havent tried XP Tablet myself) that apparently the tablet functionality is much much better in vista than XP Tablet.. handwriting recognition etc.

5. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

With the t5010 you have no excuse to go to xp, it is such a powerhouse. Vista is strides better then xp feature-wise. Another option is to go to windows 7, which is currently in the beta stage.

6. aretzios

aretzios Scribbler - Standard Member

Do not just buy into the negativism about Vista. It is actually a great OS, far better and a lot more secure than XP. The original problems with Vista were caused by drivers because Vista changed the driver model and many manufacturers simply did not write good drivers. The situation is far better right now. In addition, SP1 has eradicated the performance gap. SP2 for Vista should be available in April (as far as I understand).

There is an additional benefit in going with Vista besides the much better tablet support. If you ever decide to upgrade to Windows 7, this is a simple upgrade for Vista (as the two operating systems are very similar) but you would need to do a clean install if you have Windows XP which means reinstalling all applications and drivers. Not a prospect that I would be looking forwards to.

7. Dynafrom

Dynafrom Pen Pal - Newbie

I have all 3 so no problem. I use vista the most

8. weinilourson

weinilourson Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks so much!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.