Vista on TC4200

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by dougkelsey, Jan 16, 2009.

1. bryank

bryank Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone try it? comments
    Bryank

2. Daring

Daring Moderator

Been running it in one form or another since July. Just installed the release version and it runs fine although the drivers aren't out yet. Everything seems to work except the tablet buttons, auto rotation, and of course Aero(the TC4200 has the GMA915 which doesn't support Aero). You can fix the auto rotation by installing the XP version of QMenu. If you're not in a hurry I'd recommend waiting until the drivers are out.

3. KirMit

KirMit Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi!
    I'm using Vista Business on my tc4200 for about half of year (I'm MSDN and MS Connect subscriber). Now everything works just fine with final release of Vista that launched January 30th.
    Yes, no Vista drivers for this model yet from HP, but..
    For screen auto rotation and Q buttons functionality download latest Wacon drivers for Vista from Wacom web site. Download all additional software for Vista from HP web site for tc4400 including Q menu software and HP protection tools (if needed), except hardware drivers.
    Install all downloaded software and join! Must work everything.
    The only one issue I have without solution yet - damn "sleep mode" bug. It doesn't work correctly - freeze after resume or go to "blue screen of death" after some time:mad:

4. nutsnbolts

nutsnbolts Scribbler - Standard Member

Ouch, this is good to know Kirmit. I guess I'll be waiting for awhile for this until this is resolved. Anyone else having this issue...for those who have upgraded to Vista?

5. Daring

Daring Moderator

Are you sure this isn't related to one of the drivers/software you loaded? I have had ZERO problems with sleep, even in the beta. Could you be more specific on the type of problem you are having?

Also, could you provide links. I can't find the Vista Wacom driver or the Vista version of Q-Menu.

6. KirMit

KirMit Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Daring,
    Yes, I'm sure that this isn't related to drivers I loaded. Because a problem starts after clear OS installation without any additional drivers.
    Issue has 3 typical modifications after resume from Sleep Mode:
    1. Device freezes on Log on screen after password input or before.
    2. Device login in and freezes immediately.
    3. Device login in and going to BSOD after several time, usually it's about 10-15 minutes. With AC Power much longer!:eek:
    My Windows power options - Balanced sheme with default settings.
    My tc4200 has 1 Gb RAM - 512 + 512 Transcend module. Problem appears with a single original 512 Mb RAM also..
    I have updated BIOS to latest F.0D version but no ideas what I have to change there - all by default. I've installed/uninstalled Intel INF package for Vista. No changes. I think a trouble is in some power settings on BIOS level or a system level. I'm completely lost with it..

Sure. Here is a direct link for Vista Wacom Driver from Europe site:
    ftp://ftp.wacom-europe.com/pub/WINDOWS/cons5.01-8a_int.exe

And link for HP Q menu for Vista:
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=ob-45931-1

7. nutsnbolts

Do you have any issues with CTRL-ALT-DEL hardware button? Like Not working?

8. KirMit

KirMit Pen Pal - Newbie

Never. In all operation modes -portrait and landscape - works normally.

9. nutsnbolts

Just so we are on the same page, the hardware button meaning the button above the scroll wheel. Mine isn't working along with the "enter" button on the scroll wheel. Hmm...

10. KirMit

KirMit Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, I mean this button above the scroll wheel. All buttons are working correctly. Strange yours doesn't work...

What do you think about my issue with Sleep mode?