Vista News Feb 26, 2006

Discussion in 'Press Releases and Announcements' started by Polar, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TabletX

TabletX Pen Pal - Newbie

2. Madcap

Madcap Pen Pal - Newbie

It would appear that Vista has tablet functionality built into it. This would essentially mean that we will now be able to reformat with a vista disk correct? Right now, WXP tablet isn't actually part of WXP, so you have to use the proprietary disk that you are given, or live it the way it is. Windows Vista Home Premium says this as one of it's features:

"Windows Tablet PC technology, which enables interaction with the PC with a digital pen or fingertip instead of a keyboard, is also available in this edition of Windows Vista."

Time to celebrate? Or am I missing something?

3. TabletX

TabletX Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah def good news to be sure. Hopefully, it will come out somewhere around July, so I can get it ready before school start.

4. Madcap

Madcap Pen Pal - Newbie

I hope so too.

5. Polar

Polar Pen Pal - Newbie

Great news if we can now use the Vista disc instead (well when it's released anyway)
    I knew Vista would very much support Tablet PC's, isn't this something that MS is really trying to push?

6. Gautam

Gautam Moderator

There really isnt a choice for Microsoft, since if they dont support tablets, then they alienate some 2-3% of about the last five years worth of notebook sales...which would be a bad move...

7. master

master Pen Pal - Newbie

Exactly, good point gautam3.
    MS would never ignore Tablet PC owners.

Bill Gates himself uses a Tablet PC I think!

8. Gautam

Gautam Moderator

I bet Gates just doodles during meetings. He has his minions do all his work - that lazy little...

For the time being, I think that the vista beta upgrade is promising since as tablet owners, we don't have a way to do a fresh install (without having to create our own discs) and vista sports some great new features for the tablet mode.

The idea of instant bootup and shutdown lures me even if there wasn't any tablet features.

9. Polar

Polar Pen Pal - Newbie