Vista Launch Event

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Gautam, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daring

Daring Moderator

I had the opportunity to attend a local Vista launch event yesterday. It was interesting to see in a variety of ways. Here are a few takeaways from yesterday.

MS puts together a very well organized event. Things flowed very well and most of the breakout sessions were informative and visuals/code were made available. I can't be sure as to the number of attendees, but it was large.

MS is the new IBM. All of the MS folks were wearing blue shirts (coincidentally the color of another famous tech company), and talked about how to make your business better (again the focus of that other blue company). While I don't question that business is where MS makes their money, and for that matter was the focus of this event, a bit of rock music can go a long way towards getting the excitement going. As I sat in the keynote I just couldn't help thinking of the Mac/PC commercials suit after suit came onstage.

Tablets are on MS workers minds. We were asked several times how many of us used tablets and told we should consider getting a tablet. Many of the presenters also used tablets. Oddly enough, none of the vendors displayed tablets or for that matter knew much about them. Even more curious, MS did have several displays about Windows Mobile.

Finally, and keep in mind I followed the developer track most of the day, MS has some really cool technologies that will make life easier. WPF is quite exciting and their new tool Expression Blend ROCKS! The integration between .NET and Expression will create a platform for allowing developers to develop and designers to do what their good at.

2. Gautam

Gautam Moderator

Cool. Thanks for posting in Off Topic!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.