Vista DVD for clean install.

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by RonaldReagan, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RonaldReagan

RonaldReagan Pen Pal - Newbie

Up front I’ll apologize for not being able to find this info through searching, but I've been searching for days and cannot find any way to get this disk...

I want to do a clean install on my tx2500 to see if that will help with any of the problems I'm having with (mainly poor performance). I cannot find a way to get a Vista install disk to use with the license that came with this tablet.

There are plenty of documented ways to get one that have since expired or the links don't work anymore (all legitimate ways, market place and media works I think).

If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

2. TabbedOut

TabbedOut Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

There is this:
    ebay link

It seems the guy has been doing it for a while and worked out a way with eBay to keep everything copesetic. It's not free but for $25 it's not too expensive either, and I think you'll have a hard time finding one for less legally.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. adam.mt

adam.mt Super Moderator Senior Member

The disc TabbedOut linked to is what you want. This is the disc RETAIL customers of Vista can buy direct from Microsoft to switch from a 32-bit to 64-bit install. for a short while it was also available to all, but this was soon changed to just RETAIL customers.

If your Vista is OEM you will need to either borrow a disc and use your existing legal licence key or buy this disc. In theory, you can ask your OEM to supply the disc but I'll doubt (a) they will be willing and (b) it will be a reasonable price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.