Vista and Your Fujitsu Tablet

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by vimafeje, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You should have gone first to the manfacturers site and for Fujitsu it is here.
    After you have done that, then you can follow the moduslink.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. rayguntheater

rayguntheater Pen Pal - Newbie

That was one of the places I was. It was really weird because the links kept sending me all over the internet. I didn't like that it was handled that way. It made me feel like I was being tossed around like they didn't want to give me the Vista upgrade. Which of course they don't. But that feels a little dishonest...

Do I still have to send a scan/email of my reciept?

3. P8RSON

It's not a case of they don't want to give you Vista... It's Microsoft who issues out the licenses and as such manufacturers have to use these methods.

As to do you need to scan/email your receipt ~ yes, you need to show proof that you purchased your device during the date allotted period.

4. rayguntheater

I'm pretty sure that if I logged onto the Fujitsu website I could get a digital copy of my receipt. That would be almost as convenient as Fujitsu doing it for me. As is, I have to go to the library now to scan in a copy of my receipt. It's just a bunch of unnecessary hoops to hop through.

I kind of expected that with a premium product I wouldn't be treated like this :-\

5. P8RSON

I'm pretty sure you could not.

What would be a convenience though is when at the manufacturers web site they had a specific page where you could submit your model identity, serial number, name of person who purchased, address, etc. onto a page and with the correctly given information this in turn gave you a serial number used to obtain the upgrade.

6. rayguntheater

When you buy from Fujitsu online you register an account with them and they track what products you buy from them. I've used my account to verify to my Dad's business that he bought a laptop from them. The online receipt is right there.

7. carpe_diem_rj

carpe_diem_rj Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi.......!

I m from Greece .
    I have a fujitsu t4215 with windows xp. Is there any site where i can download windows vista for tablet pc?
    Thnx....

8. gkscythe

gkscythe Pen Pal - Newbie

all window vista have tablet pc stuff included in every version of vista. there isnt any free place to get legit vista currently (ofcourse there are illegal version). you can buy any vista version and install it on your tablet and get tablet capabilities !.

9. gil-galad

gil-galad Pen Pal - Newbie

Actually, I'm quite sure that Vista Home Basic doesn't. But Vista Home Premium and higher (Business, Ultimate, Enterprise) will be fine. ;)

10. Sfef84

Sfef84 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey Guys.... I just purchased a T4220 from FRY's and as you probably know, they only offer the XP version. Anywho, I bought a full vista home premium and 4 gigs (2Gbx2) and am very happy. I quickly realized that not everything from my fujitsu disks were going to work and went to the fujitsu website and downloaded all of the vista drivers and everything works besides the middle keyboard button (the one to scroll up and down) anybody know how to fix this?

ALSO... has anyone had any luck with vista optimizing programs? I saw a list of a few on pcworld.com but don't know which of them are worth buying, if they are worth it etc... Any feedback? Thanks!
    -Steve