Vista and Your Fujitsu Tablet

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by vimafeje, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powowcow

powowcow Tablet PC Lover

I had no problems upgrading to SP1, hell I even did it early, with narry a hiccup. Your statement that MS needs to get their act together is very misleading. It is not totally MS's fault that SP1 had some issues, but rather the OEM's with software like the stupid Shock Sensor Utility that was not even compatible with SP1. Um, but how long was SP1 available for testing? Are OEM's exempt from doing software testing to makre sure the stuff they include with the computer will continue to work into the future? Guess so. Granted, almost all OEM's do suck when it comes to software updates, however, placing the blame squarely on MS is not fair. I would reccomend upgrading to SP1, but do your research first. That is what I did and I had zero issues.

2. vimafeje

vimafeje Pen Pal - Newbie

hello to every one.

first of all, sorry for my poor english...

second one: i have sucefully instaled a Beta Windows 7 on my ST4120P (model of 2003)...

it's running nice for a Pentium-M III 933MHz / 768Mb RAM.
    So, here is a picture of it:
    [​IMG]

of corse, one thing is missing: i just can't find the drivers to get the pen/stylus working!!!

greeting and happy new year 2009!!!

Attached Files:

3. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

that is unusual, the pen should be installed by default, particularly if it is a wacom based pen, which i assume it is.

Can you post a screen shot of your device manager.

4. vimafeje

Hi, i'm posting from my PDA, a HTC P3600, i don't have my tabletPc rigth now, tonight i'll post it.

the digitalizer is from wacom, i have the driver for winXP, but i can't install it on windows 7, the driver of the screen are instaled, but i have an error, and the device was stoped, but the image on the screen are fine. All the other hardwar are working fine.

5. adretzios

adretzios Scribbler - Standard Member

From what I understand, the driver support for Windows 7 is identical to that of Windows Vista. Thus, at least in theory, all Vista drivers should work without any problem in Windows 7 betas. Have you tried these drivers?

6. adretzios

adretzios Scribbler - Standard Member

I concur. If one is running any flavor of Vista, installing SP1 is a must. It takes care of several issues, updates certain drivers, and increases file copy/transfer speed. Furthermore, for any problems encountered by the installation of SP1, Microsoft provides full free support.

For the installation to go without a problem, make certain that you clean up your system from all temp files and directories. This is just good housekeeping. CCleaner is a free program that can clean your system effectively before installing SP1. I believe that SP2 should be available by the end of March and it would contain a number of system upgrades (such as full support for Blue-Ray, new versions of Bluetooth etc, etc).

I think that Vista good a bad wrap because it was released when full driver support was lacking. This is not the case anymore, but old systems should not be upgraded.

7. albal

albal Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I can install the driver but it comes up that the driver is not WHQL Signed. Then it won't start. I read somewhere Windows 7 Beta will not play well with unsigned drivers.

Do you have the buttons working? i.e. rotate screen.

Did you try disabling all the com and IR ports? Then try the driver.

If some people can get the driver working on Vista then Windows 7 should work too.

Cheers,
    Al

8. vimafeje

hi, my button are working, but rotate screen not!

i will try disabling all com and IR port.

tomorow i will post some news....

9. albal

albal Pen Pal - Newbie

I would really love to be able to run Vista or W7 on my Tablet - so if you can give me a pointer it would be very much appreciated.

10. albal

albal Pen Pal - Newbie

It's not Wacom based. It's a passive touch screen.

Surely it's possible to get the 4120P working under W7 if it supposedly works under Vista.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.