Virtulization

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kyle Porter, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

Heres the deal

I have a Legit version of xp 64 and xp tablet edition. My question is does anyone know how to obtain tablet features under xp64?

I have heard someone say virtualization before but i dont know how to do that.

Now if anyone knows can they post a step by step solution in this forum?

Thanks

KP

2. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

And why don't you just install the 32bit XP tablet edition?
    Maybe it's possible to copy the tablet pc components to the 64bit xp and embed it in the 64bit OS, but this will be difficult and in the end it's still not sure if it will work like on the original 32bit system.

Virtualization: Don't know how this should help.

So better use Vista 64bit if you want a 64bit OS, or Linux 64bit.
    But all this do you already use, so why do you also want XP 64bit? Just to get access to the missing 600MB RAM which difference won't be noticeable and which only brings a lot of incompatibilities with it?

PS: Where you able to get pen support in Linux 64bit?

3. Kyle Porter

few things.

A) Yes i want to get access to that, rather then have it sitting there.

B) Like xp over vista personally

C) I can optimize xp a lot further then vista, i have even reached a point where xp's processor usage doesn't even register in system manager (constantly at zero%)

D) Obviously xp runs a lot better then vista on my 2710p where vista is constantly around 40% and can easily shoot up to 90%-100%

E) yes, barely.

4. Kyle Porter

Thought i would let you know i had to custom write my driver, i will try and remember what i did.

I hadn't worked writing drivers in linux a lot for at least 3 years and never in 64 bit. (damn, never realized how smart i was when i was 15 :p) It was a bit splotchy, but worked non the less.

EDIT: some things i didnt get working: screen rotate button, it would freeze when i pressed the Crtl-alt-del button, headlight buttons (my case is volume but oddly enough the mute button worked), and i couldnt map one side button (hp info or quick look button).

I was going to spend a bunch of time on it, but found tv watching and homework was taking up too much time. Well that, and being on my tablet :p

If civil engineering doesn't work out for me, i am going to try out computer programming/ computer development so in that case i would work on it alot more, may even become a class project.

5. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

not sure this statement makes sense if your cpu is @ 0%, your machines is off, asleep or the processor is dead.

6. Kyle Porter

LOL. That is if absolutely nothing is running. Obviously it isn't dead, asleep, or off considering i am on it now. Right now it is fluxtuating between 2% and 5%.

I know it sounds weird, but it does say it is using 0% of the processor sometimes. Just means the processor is doing next to no work i guess.

EDIT: i have a printscreen of it, just i dont know where to post it to :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.