Video Adapter & mSD Card

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by rangerb3, Nov 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rangerb3

rangerb3 Scribbler - Standard Member

Ok...I'm looking for a mini HDMI adapter or cable to connect the S7S to my HDMI big screen TV and also a mini HDMI to VGA adapter/cable to connect to an external monitor. I'm not sure if this one will work or not....I think it said it was for a Macbook...and, I don't think it's mini HDMI just mini video port....

Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter

This one looks like it will work but, it might be just as easy to get a cable with micro on one end and standard hdmi on the other?

HDMI Type D Micro Male to Type A Female Adapter

I'm also looking to expand the capacity of my S7S with a 64 GB micro SDHC card or, are there better mSD cards that I should be considering?

I'd sure appreaciate if anyone can point me in the right direction for the above items!

2. Elmstrom

Elmstrom Pen Pal - Newbie

Have you looked at WiDi, i just got a Netgear PTV2000 and it looks like a decent solution for TV. Works fine with the slate, but it looks to run best in 720P. Have not play to much with it yet.

3. bobp

bobp Scribbler - Standard Member

If you have a dock, the micro HDMI to HDMI adpater might be a good choice. In the dock, you can use a standard HDMI cable, and when the S7S is outside of the dock, you can use the adapter with the HDMI cable.

As for VGA, Samsung is selling a micro HDMI to VGA adapter for the Series 9 laptop for $39.99:

AA-AH1NAMB HDMI to VGA Adapter for Series 9

This should work with the S7S. I may end up order one of these, if I decide to stop carrying my laptop to work - and only take my S7S.

4. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Just as an FYI, I wouldn't buy cables from anywhere but Monoprice.com, they have that micro-hdmi to hdmi adapter for $2.22 for example.

5. Antfield

Antfield Pen Pal - Newbie

I got all my HDMI stuff (cable, micro to full HDMI converter, HDMI to DVI converter) for around $2 each from Amazon.

6. rangerb3

rangerb3 Scribbler - Standard Member

Havn't tried WiDi yet but, I'm probaby headed in that direction in the near future. I want the adapters so I can connect to work peripherals but, probably do WiDi or just cable the S7S to my 52" LCD at home!

I started searching on Amazon for the adapters and found most of them at really good prices!

I'm not sure if I want to go with a microSD card or maybe a microSATA SSD. The prices on the 64gb mSDHC cards are pretty high and it might be a better option to just buy one of the Runcore mSata 50mm drives to replace the 128gb drive currently installed. And then I have to wrestle with opening up the case and voiding my Samsung & MS Store Assure 2 yr warranty which, now that I think about it, I won't do!

Back to the 64gb mSDHC cards! Anyone have a link to a good price on one?

7. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

FYI, I got the Series 9 microHDMI to VGA adapter and it works great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.