Very Portable, Small 8", Tablet/Laptop with Trackpad

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by Mr. Boosh, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Been awhile since I've posted a main thread for help with a device, but times have changed.

I'm on clinical rotations now and my needs for a device have changed as well. Carrying a full-fledged laptop is not feasible for me for various reasons.

What I'm looking for is a pretty small device. It will have very limited use, mostly Chrome browser, MS Office, and VMware to access the hospital system. It can be a tablet, but it will need a keyboard attachment with a trackpad. The trackpad seems to be something hard to come by.

I would be fine with Windows, Android, or ChromeOS (seems I'd need to flash this last one as the smallest ChromeOS device is the Chromebook Flip). My preference is Windows or ChromeOS as those utilize a full desktop browser.

The new GPD P2 Max looks nice, but pretty steep at $800+. I don't mind using an old device if it gets the job done. The GPD Pockets/OneMix Yogas I gave up on due to the subpar pointing devices, which became extremely annoying. Also thought about the old Panasonic ToughPad FZ-M1; it's ugly and thicker, but I can beat that thing to hell and I wouldn't worry about it getting dirty because I could just wash it.

I've been anti-Apple my whole life, but I guess I could go the route of electronic-blasphemy if it's going to be my only option.

Thoughts?