Verizon Wirless Card Locks and requires Reboot

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Greg G, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greg G

Greg G Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone else with the internal Verizon wireless card find that their connection locks (it still says connected but internet access is lost)? Pressing Disconnect just sits there without ever disconnecting. I try killing the process and it does die but I can't start the Verizon connect software anymore. The only solution is to reboot the machine (just logging off does not work). This is very annoying when I'm at work and have windows open and I really don't want to reboot.

-Greg

2. linda.sheffield

linda.sheffield Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been fighting with mine all day. Yes, mine locks, but it also cut off access to my wireless home network. It keeps shutting off the radio. I am not sure what it did to my settings, but now I can't connect to either....grrr.

3. everythingblogcast

everythingblogcast Scribbler - Standard Member

This may be a stupid question but have you updated the drivers.

4. linda.sheffield

Not a stupid question. Thank You:) -I haven't-but now I have to go & find the Verizon drivers!

5. Greg G

Greg G Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the most current drivers (at least according to the VZAccess Manager). I think the problem is that the internal card needs to be powered off before it will work again. This was not so big a deal with an external car (just yank it out and put it back in) but with an internal card this requires a reboot. I've tried disabling and enableing the modem in the device manager but that does not help. It is very anoying...

6. linda.sheffield

I just had mine fixed at Verizon. I brought it in. Mine doesn't do what yours does. It just disconnects if I don't use it for a while, then I just reconnect it. Maybe check your settings.

Did you upgrade your BIOS? There is a thread on a new BIOS that came out yesterday, and part of it has something to do with VZ.

Okay....I take that back - here's an update:

It seems that my VZAccess works fine, but when I try to reconnect to my home wireless network, the exact same thing happens to me. It keeps telling me that it cannot connect to the network, but when I reboot, it connects just fine...grrr. I'm thinking it's a Windows thing. Any suggestions anyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.