Venue Pro 8 accessories

Discussion in 'Dell' started by ElAguila, Nov 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imapc

imapc Pen Pal - Newbie

hi, thats pretty slick what you did there. From where did you procure the parts to build that extension?

2. dkuettner

dkuettner Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone have the code for the Infiland bluetooth keyboard for the Dell Venue Pro 8.1? I bought the cover for the Venue and threw away the booklet with the keyboard and the pairing code. Thanks for any help.

3. Kavu2

Kavu2 Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't have this exact keyboard, but another similar from China....the setup looks similar. So maybe give my setup steps a try.

At your DV8P...
    1 -. In DV8P go to 'Settings' > 'Change PC Settings' > 'PC and devices' > 'Bluetooth'. It should say: "Your PC is searching for and can be discovered by Bluetooth devices"

At your Bluetooth keyboard...
    2 - On your Bluetooth keyboard, turn on Bluetooth switch (upper right corner area) on keyboard to 'On'. (perhaps there will be a light(blue?) that blinks and then stops????

3 - On your Bluetooth keyboard....to the right of the 'on-off' switch...press the round 'Pair' button. It should blink (blue?)

At your DV8P...
    4 - In your DV8P, at the previously mentioned PC Settings\Bluetooth location; select the Bluetooth keyboard icon in the list of found devices.

5 - When the Bluetooth keyboard icon shows 'Ready to pair', select 'Pair' button to connect

6 - A pair code should appear with the instructions: "Type this passcode into your keyboard [Bluetooth] and then press 'Enter' on the keyboard[Bluetooth]"

7 - If the pairing is successful a message displays 'Connected'. The 'pairing' of the Bluetooth keyboard to the DV8P should remain until if and when you choose to 'Remove' the Bluetooth device from the Bluetooth list. So even if you turn either shut down the DV8P or switch the keyboard to 'off', you shouldn't have to re-pair again.

In the event you do 'remove' the Bluetooth keyboard device from the list and want to re-pair, just repeat the above steps. Note: a new pairing passcode will appear (not the same one used before)
    If the initial pairing doesn't seem to work as above; remove the Bluetooth keyboard and try again...pressing the round 'pair' button on the keyboard, initiating a new pairing code to type in.

See if this process works for you and helps get you going

Note: if you choose to turn off your keyboard or the DV8P Bluetooth radio (to save either/both the DV8P battery or keyboard battery), then when you want to reuse the Bluetooth keyboard again, make sure to turn on the DV8P Bluetooth radio first and then the keyboard 'On' switch. Otherwise it likely want initially re-pair. FWIW the Bluetooth keyboards don't seem to use much juice and should last 20 -30 days or so. They also may go to standby as well which might save their battery. The DV8P on the other hand does use some juice and it will put a hit on the DV8P battery (albeit not necessarily a huge one). So it's whatever your usage dictates.

Hope some of this is helpful

4. petewag

petewag Pen Pal - Newbie

I just purchased a Zagg Keys Universal keyboard, the unit pairs and if I open Notepad or Word or IE and type nothing, if I hold a letter down for 15 seconds one letter appears no repeat. Bluetooth works, my mouse works great. This is not the first bluetooth keyboard I've tried. Help, thanks

5. zdanee

zdanee Pen Pal - Newbie

Guess it's a bit late at this point, but no, it won't work, it's an MHL adapter. I tried many USB graphic cards with the DV8P and the only ones that worked without any problems were the ones with a DisplayLink chipset. Forget the cheap FL2000 chipset adapters you get from a Chinese shop, they are truly horrible, would only do 800x600, slow down the tablet to a crawl, will give you BSOD quite often, and will ruin your otherwise working drivers. DisplayLink drivers will actually ask you to uninstall FL2000 drivers if present. Older 'Manhattan' adapters won't work either, but it's because they won't work with anything newer than Windows 7. I tried EzCast as well, but it's too laggy and unstable.

6. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks for the info.! :)

7. avands

avands Pen Pal - Newbie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.