Venue Pro 8 accessories

Discussion in 'Dell' started by ElAguila, Nov 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osteoman

Osteoman Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow. Is hard to get the perspective of how small the i-thinker keyboard is. I received mine today. Will try out tonight.

2. Jasoniblitnu

Jasoniblitnu Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the I-thinker keyboard and in fact I am typing on it right now. It works great, I travel a lot for work and leave my laptop at home. I also watch movies on the plane and you can put the tablet in backwards and it makes a great fully adjustable screen like the Yoga!! Its a tad bit smaller than the DV8 but its the best solution out there right now as far as I am concerned. I'm not complaining I'm pretty ecstatic with it. Tablet comes out of it easily and goes right back in holding tight. Also I did not remove any felt on the hinge and it fits like a glove.......

3. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Do you have a solution for the Functionkeys?

4. Jasoniblitnu

Jasoniblitnu Pen Pal - Newbie

I have remapped the essential ones using key tweak but I do not use them much for what I do

5. opasha

opasha Scribbler - Standard Member

I just tested this one, bro. It doesn't work :(. I sent it back. The hinge is too small. Surprisingly, it's tighter than the Ethinker. I tested both.

6. Osteoman

Anybody have a god recommendation on a good mini usb to RJ45 adapter that would work well with our units?

Sent from my Venue 8 Pro 5830 using Tapatalk

7. zdanee

zdanee Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a KY-LANRD9700. I have no idea where it came from, or what this was originally used before, I found it in my office when I cleaned the drawers a few months ago. Tried it with the DV8P out of curiosity, and it just worked, Win 8 even had the drivers preinstalled. It's like this.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  8. Osteoman

ZDAnee,

Thank you, that's exactly what I need.

9. benny90

benny90 Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for the heads up. Yep, that's what I thought looking at the hinge. I did want to see if I could jimmy-rig it (cut the rubber part) up to work, considering it has a backlight keyboard and such, and it only ended up being about $8 more than the I-THINKER. It would be hard to recommend it as an alternative considering the regular price anyway.

10. opasha

opasha Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah, no problem at all. I tried really hard to jam it in, but it wasn't worth damaging the screen/edges of the V8Pro. However, the Ipad Air has better dimensions supposedly? Even though a 10 inch keyboard would probably feel too big. ZAGG does make one for the ipad air- that's actually how I came across the Ipad mini one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.