Venue Pro 8 accessories

Discussion in 'Dell' started by ElAguila, Nov 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winimini123

winimini123 Scribbler - Standard Member

Anyone try a smart mouse / keyboard APP they can recommend that can work with the DV8P and isnt spyware and works well off bluetooth?

thanks in advance!

2. phenglie

phenglie Scribbler - Standard Member

The Miix 2 8" has slightly different dimensions. So what's the point.

3. EuripideSneed

EuripideSneed Pen Pal - Newbie

I really hate those keyboards. The magnetic attachment to the case and size are really nice, but the weird shape of the number keys and the slightly off positions (as well as the complete lack of an apostrophe key) really interfere with my typing. Other than the damage it caused, it's one reason why I'm returning my MoKo case.

4. Nthknd

Nthknd Pen Pal - Newbie

What damages did it cause?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

5. EuripideSneed

EuripideSneed Pen Pal - Newbie

The plastic tabs grip too tightly on an 8" tablet, so even though it's advertised as fitting eight inches, it's too tight and it scuffed the corners of my tablet, so it's now permanently damaged. It's minor and only cosmetic, and the screen is fine, but since I had a Nexus 7 for two years and it never received any damage it really makes me angry. I'm returning the case and buying a slim cover + a keyboard I mentioned earlier.

6. opasha

opasha Scribbler - Standard Member

7. Nthknd

Nthknd Pen Pal - Newbie

Yea I bought a screen protector before putting my tab in it. I've notice that they( the tabs) have loosen up some as I keep taking the tab out and in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

8. raycosm

raycosm Pen Pal - Newbie

So I bought a CITUS ArmorTec screen protector, and my pen which had tons of hover clicking issues has suddenly started working 100% perfectly after applying it (running 1/2/14 driver). The side buttons even work without causing immediate hover clicking (was always a problem before). I'm hoping this fixed state stays, but Dell already sent me a replacement on the way.

The screen protector itself isn't that great though, since it leaves a very visible coating on the screen that causes a slight graininess and dullness along with considerable air bubbles (although they appear only on the bezel at the end of the screen protector). However, the positive is that it almost feels like writing on paper with a graphite pencil, and it's the cheapest on Amazon at $6.88 for three. I'm sure other matte protectors out there would do an equally good job, with higher quality ones getting rid of the graininess. Also, all my pen problems seemed to disappear after applying the protector, though I'm a little weary to say that it will solve everyone's problems. However, it provides enough benefit that a matte screen protector is a must-have for any stylus user.

UPDATE 1/11: Scratch that, my hover clicking came and tails came back, although greatly reduced. Pushing the bottom side button (the one used for selection) requires quite a bit of force to actually activate correctly, and when it does, it brings back the hover click. Using the top side button (eraser) seems to mitigate the issue though, so I'm guessing that pushing the bottom button hard somehow causes the printed circuit board inside to go loose and out of alignment with the tip, but pushing the top button (or pushing the tip in really hard by using two fingers to pinch it in) sets the PCB back in place. I'm guessing that I perceived that the hover clicking was being fixed was because the screen protector softened the impact that the tip of the stylus had with the screen.

My hover clicking came back for good after pressing the bottom button hard a few times, but tailing has definitely been reduced to a non-existent level with a screen protector compared to just plain glass, with both writing done on 1/2/2014 drivers. It's possible that the extra fraction of a millimeter of thickness combined with the softened impact of the tip against the screen can greatly reduced tailing.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. mpholic

mpholic Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a ilumishield screen protector but still no stylus. Anybody getting similar results from the ilumishield even though it's clear not matte?

10. DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo The Navy Guy

Was looking at this one. if you could post a few pictures and a small review when you get it, that would be much appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.