Venue Pro 8 accessories

Discussion in 'Dell' started by ElAguila, Nov 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. topcat2001

topcat2001 Pen Pal - Newbie

Folks. This is my first post but I got the below Infiland folio case in black from Ebay and highly recommend it. I wanted a folio case so it would look just like I was carrying a notepad along with the pen (stylus). It has cutouts for everything and is pretty secure. Also you can get an OTG cable along with your order for $2. I can verify the OTG cable works with the couple of USB fobs I have tried. It does not work with my Targus ACP71 laptop dock but not sure if that is an issue with the dock or the cable.
    Folio Slim PU Leather Case Cover for Dell Venue 8 Pro 5830 Windows 8 1 OTG Cable | eBay

2. L.V.Gandhi

L.V.Gandhi Scribbler - Standard Member

yes. it works with displaylink adapter and software.

3. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks for posting--it looks like a nice option. :)

4. NJHitmen

NJHitmen Pen Pal - Newbie

That actually looks pretty good. No issues with Win8 gestures? Specifically, it doesn't look like there's a whole lot of room at the bottom of the screen, which might make swiping upward (like in IE) difficult. But it's kinda hard to tell from the pictures. Is that an issue?

5. Nthknd

Nthknd Pen Pal - Newbie

I got this one from eBay Item: Aerb Universal Bluetooth Keyboard Leather Case For 7-8" Or 9-10" Inch Tablet
    Sorry can't post a link. I don't like the clips due to them being directly on the screen but I got a screen protector on its way that should help.

Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk

Attached Files:

6. phenglie

phenglie Scribbler - Standard Member

With the IVSO case there are 3 great ways to hold your tablet with it comfortably. Presented in the order of comfort (at least to me). The 3rd is by far my favorite. :D

View attachment 4961

1st - Landscape stand, in-hand. Use the folding covers' landscape setup as a vertical handle. Feels somewhat unbalanced however.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2nd - Folding grasp around. Fold the cover underneath with the first flap flipped backwards allowing your hand to grasp the tablet in its entirety. The drooping cover seats into the curve of your hand lending extra support.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3rd - Thumb rise edge wedge. Roll the cover flaps inwards twice and have them lie stiffly against the case edge. Seated in your palm, your thumb locks it into place with your extended fingers supporting the back. It's a very comfortable way to hold the tablet. Also keeps hand oils+dirt from accumulating on the inside lining of the case - and for stylus junkies - this keeps the fingerprints off the screen to-boot!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I like the IVSO case so much I'm probably going pick up a spare :D

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  7. bazanime

bazanime Scribbler - Standard Member

Hooray, my IVSO case is arriving tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it.
    Does it actually add so much bulk to the device and do I really need to do that aluminium foil heat sink mod?

8. phenglie

phenglie Scribbler - Standard Member

It's hardly bulky, it's actually the sleekest case available. Consider the aluminum foil heat sink mod a plus if you intend on maxing out this things CPU for long durations. The venues plastic body and the plastic backing on these cases insulate heat, to which I'm wary. Heat is one of electronics greatest enemies.

9. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

And so, perhaps a silly question: when using the V8P, can one simply flip the IVSO front flap behind the tablet's backside so that it is as unobtrusive as possible? Or does the flap need to be folded over in part?

10. ibm650

ibm650 Pen Pal - Newbie

Did you get the 7-8 or 8.9-10 model
    It can be ordered from Amazon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.