Venue Pro 8 accessories

Discussion in 'Dell' started by ElAguila, Nov 12, 2013.

1. vtan

vtan Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm hoping that ZAGG decides to produce their keyboards for the Dell V8P. I've been using both their Cover and Folio keyboards for the iPad mini and quite like the laptop-like functionality they bring to the platform (ie. quick open/close, multiple viewing angles, ability to utilize on lap, backlit, etc.).
    ZAGGkeys Cover
    ZAGGkeys Folio

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. ElAguila

ElAguila Scribbler - Standard Member

From what I have seen and read so far it looks like nobody is going to make a tpu or candy shell style case for the VP8. One of the factors in buying this tablet was the way that it feels in your hands. All of the leather cases I have seen are a little bulky and have a flip cover on them. I tried the Targus case that dell has for it but it adds a lot of weight.

3. Modred189

Modred189 Scribbler - Standard Member

Fwiw, I receiveid the Dell folio today and really like it. iIt needs little breaking in, but the material feels very durable, and the pen loop is very secure around the active stylus.

4. peejay

peejay Pen Pal - Newbie

BenH, I've remembered why I came to conclude that the cover was attached in that way. See the second video posted by Crashy:
    Dell Venue 8 Proのスタンドチェック[folio stability check] - YouTube

I've now remembered that I've seen that video before. And you can clearly see that the stand is connected to the bottom of the tablet case (bottom in landscape), with some flexible fabric material that looks like it lets the stand fold over to cover the screen.

Now, why the hell the Japanese guy, the first person in the world to touch one of these keyboards, spent his time only jabbing at the screen, rather than videoing how the keyboard and case and tablet all fit together, I don't know.

5. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

The Microsoft Store customer service call center is hit and miss. Mostly miss. I went down to the store in San Diego anyway, and they had a few active styluses...one less now.

6. turokk

turokk Pen Pal - Newbie

7. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

I like the IVSO case. I've had it for a couple days now. It fits snugly, doesn't overlap the glass, has a magnetic cover, props up the tablet, and has understated styling. All it needs is an elastic loop for the stylus, and I'm happy to sew that on myself when this thing cost $20 less than the Dell case.

I bought an active stylus. I haven't installed any updates yet, so as expected, it works terribly. Straight out of the box without updates, the letters "s" and "t" and cursive is comically bad, but again, that's without any updates. It shows a lot of potential though. It only takes a very slight amount of pressure for it to register and ink, it pressure sensitivity when inking is apparent. They wisely installed two side buttons on the pen, which is great for me because I prefer erasing with the nib while pressing a side button instead of flipping the pen over and using an eraser. I'm just hoping that it only requires a driver change or that Dell will offer free replacement pens if it's a hardware problem.

The Xtremeguard screen protector I'm wary about. I've never installed a screen protector before, but I figured I'd give it a shot since an extended Black Friday deal had it selling for only a few dollars including shipping. As I said, this was my first install, and it showed. There are all kinds of bubbles, and even a piece of lint. Maybe I'll try again later, but I'm fine using it without a screen protector too. Inking and touching on it is slightly grabby, but it's acceptable.

8. phenglie

phenglie Scribbler - Standard Member

I just ordered it too. I like that the case edges are beveled nice and roundly around the body edge of the Venue unlike the sharp flap edges of the Dell Folio. Will be easier to hold in one hand (wide handed) without the edges literally cutting into your fingers while in portrait mode.

Also picked this up
    Amazon.com: Self Adhesive Pen Pencil Loop Holder Journal Book: Office Products

5x3b87.jpg

No stylus holder issue? - resolved :thumbsup:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  9. jhsiao36

jhsiao36 Pen Pal - Newbie

Notebookitalia has some pictures of the wireless keyboard and case here.

Note that the "tab" that the stand cover goes into to support the tablet can fold over, much to my relief.

10. Marty1781

Marty1781 Pen Pal - Newbie