Venue Pro 8 accessories

Discussion in 'Dell' started by ElAguila, Nov 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElAguila

ElAguila Scribbler - Standard Member

I didn't see a thread for accessories so I thought I would start one. Anybody using a screen protector or case other than the case that Dell offers?

2. Gloomba

Gloomba Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a screen protector being sent to me from amazon. I will let you know how it looks.

3. ElAguila

ElAguila Scribbler - Standard Member

Let us know how it works out. Are there any tpu cases that will fit the vp8? I took mine out of the Dell case to change microsd cards and realized just now much bulk the case adds. I am thinking of getting a full body shield that Skinomi has available.

4. sayonical

sayonical Pen Pal - Newbie

All i wamt is a flip case like those iPad smart covers thaf also lets me stand the venue at an angle

5. baconstrip

baconstrip Pen Pal - Newbie

6. efjay

efjay Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Two cases now listed on amazon:

Poetic case: Amazon.com: Poetic SlimBook Case for Dell Venue 8 Pro 32 GB Tablet (Windows 8.1) Black (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic): Computers & Accessories

Evecase: Amazon.com: Evecase SlimBook Leather Folio Stand Case Cover for Dell Venue 8 Pro - 8 INCH Windows 8.1 HD Tablet ( Black): Computers & Accessories

The Poetic has slight cutouts for accessing the charms and multitasking but looks poor with its white stitching, while the Evecase looks better but lacks the cutouts.

7. barnesgj

barnesgj Scribbler - Standard Member

If you just want a sleeve, I found one made by Travelocity ($9) that just fits the V8P. Has a side pocket for pen and would hold a portable stand.

8. jellycow

jellycow Pen Pal - Newbie

Anybody try any type of micro-USB to HDMI adaptors yet?

I just got my VP8 and I like it a lot (except that it does get pretty warm...and they put the stupid service tag crooked where it was sticking off of the tablet). But if there is a way to get an HDMI out off of this, it would be wonderful...

I've read some posts that it will work...but I'm not 100% sure.

Where can I find documentation on what's available through that USB port?

9. jazzman

jazzman Pen Pal - Newbie

I have this protector - it seems to be working great. It's quite thick. Mine went on with no bubbles or pockets and seems to be holding up just fine, when using the tablet I barely notice it is there, however when off you can clearly see it. It fits the screen perfectly with cutouts for camera and sensors. Only time will tell I guess if it can stay on!

Amazon.com: iLLumiShield - Dell Venue 8 Pro Crystal Clear Screen Protectors with Anti-Bubble/Anti-Fingerprint - 2-Pack + Lifetime Replacements: Computers & Accessories

10. smuook

smuook Pen Pal - Newbie

It's a fully functional Windows PC USB port... it can do everything a desktop PC USB can, including video adapters, game controllers, scanners, etc., etc. I think most reviewers omit this point because you can't do these things in the iOS and Android worlds and can't quite comprehend having a full PC on a laptop yet. I really don't care about HDMI out, I would have much preferred 2 microbus connectors myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.