Venue 8 - USB and Power at the same time?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Robotica72, Nov 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocky

rocky Pen Pal - Newbie

crashsuit and sven.hassel like this.
  2. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks for the info.--a great 1st post! :)

3. Vener8

Vener8 Vener8 Representative

News from Vener8
    Hey all.

So with Dell now shipping their dongle (it works, we have one in the lab), we've decide to drop the price on the Vener8 to $14.95 (you know, plus shipping and tax if you are also in NJ).

We were first-to-market with the Vener8. We've shipped hundreds of them around the world and the feedback we've received has been overwhelmingly positive.

We appreciate the support of all of our users and especially the encouragement from Tablet PC Review and this members of this thread in particular.

We're not out of this fight yet :)

Regards,

crashsuit likes this.
  4. Mikerman

Great to hear, and have been thinking of both you and the +port people, with Dell's introduction of its own power+data dongle. Hope you're selling scads of Vener8's! :) (I can see different uses for the devices, with the Vener8 especially being useful at the desktop.)

5. Vener8

Vener8 Vener8 Representative

We've been hearing from customers that the +port is no longer available. We hope it's not true, good competitors help define a strong market. We have the Vener8 in stock, so we ship quickly. We're priced less than the Dell dongle. Lots of users on this site can attest to how well the Vener8 works.

6. Mikerman

So sad to hear (possibly) about +port, but good to hear that you folks (the Vener8 folk) are alive and well! I would not want to be in your business--not an easy one . . . . Both of you folks deserve much credit, and thanks, for opening up the capability of the DV8P. My thanks! :)

7. dadash

dadash Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Vener8

On your website you've noted the Vener8 is incompatible with Toshiba Encore Firmware EC version 1.20

That's wrong, I have Firmware 1.6 with EC 1.20 and have absolutely no problems. I've been using your Vener8 since June 24/7 and I'm very pleased.

Who gave you the false information? It's a shame to scare off would be encore users.

8. spy14

spy14 Pen Pal - Newbie

9. Dwig

Dwig Pen Pal - Newbie

This link now (2018-06-23) fails to link to the correct item. This particular vendor seems to not offer the hub any longer.

I ordered from this link about 3 weeks ago and at that time the link went to the proper item. It was priced at $7.50 USD with free delivery to the US so i took the gamble that it would work.

I received it in good condition and it works fine. It solved my Win10 problems with the (massive) 1803 upgrade. My poor elderly Venue 8 Pro lacks enough free space to upgrade without using a USB memory stick and the battery wouldn't last long enough for the very lengthy upgrade.

There are several other vendors at Aliexpress.com which offer what appears to be an identical hub, though none that I've found give the compatibility details that the above link did when linking to the correct device. This one looks very similar but not identical. It claims the same functionality with a similar three-way switch: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/169...6171-4f90-a2eb-9dd42661a654&priceBeautifyAB=0

10. Dwig

Dwig Pen Pal - Newbie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.