Venue 8 - USB and Power at the same time?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Robotica72, Nov 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vener8

Vener8 Vener8 Representative

One of the Vener8 users did a nice review on youtube. He's in Brazil and it's in Portuguese but even if you don't speak the language, you'll still see the device in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo-78kHR91g

Thanks

2. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You mean, plug it in? ;) LOL--couldn't resist.

3. Vener8

Vener8 Vener8 Representative

LOL well, yeah. Plug it in. And see it work!

4. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The mark of a genius product, which we consumers wish would always be the case! :)

5. winkyeye

winkyeye Pen Pal - Newbie

I got a friend to buy this cable/hub for me from China. It's really well made and very convenient to use. It has an otg mode where the hub can be used without power and it also has a charging+USB hub mode.

IMG_20140816_151225.jpg

6. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Where did he buy that, and what's the partnumber?

It really charges while providing data?

7. winkyeye

winkyeye Pen Pal - Newbie

8. kerbe

kerbe Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm a newbie - and haven't read all 92 pages of this thread - but is this what we're discussing?

http://goo.gl/9UcAM3

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. gonewild

gonewild Pen Pal - Newbie

As I asked before, does anyone know if it is on sale on ebay or aliexpress? It seems very difficult to order on Taobao for a European customer

10. kerbe

kerbe Pen Pal - Newbie

Here's a chat I just had with Dell Sales:

1:11:06 PM Customer
    I just purchased a Venue 8 Pro and, on the support page, I found two PDF manuals for a micro-USB dongle from Dell - but I can't find the dongle for sale anywhere on the Dell website! Here's a link to one of the PDFs - http://goo.gl/9UcAM3

1:13:21 PM Agent
    what kind of dongle are you looking for? wher are you planning to cinnect it?

1:14:00 PM Customer
    I sent you a link to the document describing the dongle on the Dell website - here is the link again - http://goo.gl/9UcAM3

1:15:56 PM Agent
    Still checking. Please give me another minute or two, I am doing my best to provide you the best possible answer or solution to your concern. Thanks.

1:22:01 PM Agent
    thank you for patiently waiting Smile

1:22:07 PM Agent
    we have C2G Mobile Device USB Micro-B to USB Device OTG Adapter Cable - USB adapter - 6 in that is for $2.99

1:24:48 PM Customer
    That it not my question - I want to know WHY the Dell website support page offers an owner's manual and a set-up guide for the specific product described - but then Dell does not sell that product! I don't want an OTG cable - I want the combination of charging AND data offered by the device described in the manuals.

1:26:07 PM Agent
    As much as I want to help you with that . you have reached US Chat Sales and we do not have technical expertise in this regard. For assistance to resolve the issue, I would recommend you to contact Technical Support on 1-800-624–9896, as they are trained to handle these kind of issues and provide you a faster solution.. or if you want you can chat with them online from the following link :
    Chat Technical Support | Dell US

1:29:21 PM Customer
    Thanks - then, perhaps, someone from sales needs to ask why a Dell product that it NOT for sale is being described on the Dell website.

1:30:17 PM Agent
    I really apologize for that however some of the items that are no longer available still has an alternative part

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.