Venue 8 - USB and Power at the same time?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Robotica72, Nov 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EddCase

EddCase Pen Pal - Newbie

Guys n Gals I thought i add my 2 pence worth also.

I missed out on the original Kickstarter so sent an email to Josh about ordering a +Port over 2 months ago he pointed me to their Amazon pre order. Now I'm not going to lie it hasn't been the easiest of purchases with Amazon cancelling my pre order twice when Mobile Design Labs weren't ready to ship (but as I've backed several Kickstarter projects I'm used to dates slipping. Josh let me know when and why things weren't going as planned). All my queries were answered within a couple of hours not bad considering we are on other sides of the planet. I did nearly crack at one point and order a vener8 instead but I'm extremely glad I didn't, my +Port arrived over the weekend and it works fantastically, I don't have to worry about what order I plug things in, it just works. The +port wood effect was limited as a early order Kickstarter offer so I was not expecting a wood veneer and I'm happy with the the really solid black box. You'd have to speak to Mobile Design Labs but I get the impression the backlog has now been dealt with and orders are going to be fulfilled much quicker now.

Now I have the +Port and I'm feeling much better I'll try and finish off my WimBoot Tool i'll be posting updates in that thread over the weekend when I get a chance to go over my code again.

Edd

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. Vener8

Vener8 Vener8 Representative

Update on Vener8.

Hi all. Many of your know that we suspended shipping for a week to make some operational and systems changes. I want to emphasis that these were internal and were not any changes to the Vener8 itself.

We have now completed all of the changes and have shipped all of the back orders. We have Vener8 in stock and are shipping.

Thanks,

3. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

A proposal/suggestion: also offer the Vener8 via Amazon.com? Some people prefer that venue, and it should get you further sales and exposure . . . .

4. joshua_plugable

joshua_plugable Official Plugable Rep

The trouble with Amazon, they take a rather large cut. Especially if you use Amazon fulfillment centers. Expect 8-15% minimum.

5. Vener8

Vener8 Vener8 Representative

In addition, if we used Amazon, every customer who lived in a state that has sales tax would have to pay sales tax. Currently, we only need to collect sales tax from our customers in NJ.

6. Mikerman

I assume there are some associated savings, but I don't have experience there.

Actually, I don't think that's the case. If Vener8 is the seller through Amazon.com, the collection of tax would be the same as if purchasing from Vener8's own website; if Amazon.com is the seller of products purchased from Vener8, then Amazon.com has to collect tax for those states with which it (Amazon.com) has a tax-causing nexus. At least, this is how I have seen it work out up to now.

7. joshua_plugable

joshua_plugable Official Plugable Rep

For relatively low volumes, not particularly.

Nope. We have to handle taxes for every state (and country) we sell in through Amazon despite the fact we use FBA to store and ship our products.

8. strollin

strollin Pen Pal - Newbie

I finally received my +Port device. Unfortunately, I no longer have my DV8P since I gave it to my son. He says the +Port works great with it.

9. Mikerman

Interesting; I'm sure you know. But I don't believe I've ever been charged sales tax by any Amazon.com Marketplace seller not located in my state.

10. baxter

baxter Scribbler - Standard Member

Same for me ... Just bought a Plugable USB 2.0 10 Port Hub . No sales tax in CA. Fulfilled by Amazon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.