Venue 8 Pro WiFi and Bluetooth issues.

Discussion in 'Dell' started by RonRock, Aug 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RonRock

RonRock Pen Pal - Newbie

I am having lots of trouble with my WiFi card sometimes not connecting to a known wireless LAN. And at times it will drop the connection and I have to reconnect to the wifi. Same with my bluetooth. I use my Venue Pro 8 for Netflix and a bluetooth speaker. Most times it pairs and works fine. But others it will not connect. I often have to remove and reinstall the bluetooth drivers to get things to pair. Sometimes the speaker will stop working during use. Very frustrating to say the least.

Are others having WiFi and Bluetooth issues? Any updated drivers? Or do I possably have a warranty issue? My speaker will pair and work just fine with my Android phone, so I am sure it is the Dell not the speaker. No way to check the WiFi although I do have other computers on my LAN and they work fine.

2. swaaye

swaaye Pen Pal - Newbie

Dell has indeed released new drivers for the WiFi/Bluetooth card. Just look up the Venue 8 Pro on their support page. No idea if this will help your problem though.

3. kitnb

kitnb Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the same problem and so far the updates have not addressed this issue.

Sent from my Venue 8 Pro 5830 using Tapatalk

4. kitnb

kitnb Pen Pal - Newbie

Ha! Speaking of the Devil! It just happened to me again:

[​IMG]

5. ssbtech

ssbtech Pen Pal - Newbie

I've noticed that my V8P connects to WiFi fine, but if I'm streaming a radio station online it will constantly drop the stream. Interestingly I'm still able to browse the web when it drops.

I replaced the router (because I knew it was starting to fail) but the problem continued. My laptop being used in the same position was working perfectly.

6. kitnb

kitnb Pen Pal - Newbie

Exactly my observation too: my other computers and android tablet connects and stay connected while the DV8P drops WiFi then refuses to reconnect or even let me toggle it on or off with a full restart. Its ridiculous. Theres definitely something amiss with the DV8P in this regard, sadly.

7. kitnb

kitnb Pen Pal - Newbie

Ha! Again, right after I post in this thread WiFi takes a sh!t on itself.... Seriously, Dell needs to address this. This is the only problem I have with my DV8P...
    [​IMG]

8. swaaye

swaaye Pen Pal - Newbie

Ive had my Venue since November '13 and actually I find the WiFi to be the best of any tablet I've owned. I use it on about 10 different access points and in super congested areas. I really have no complaints.

Maybe we're seeing WiFi board quality variability.

I have barely used Bluetooth however. I keep it disabled. I think the Bluetooth causes severe battery drain sometimes, if it is enabled.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  9. ssbtech

ssbtech Pen Pal - Newbie

When my WiFi was dropping the radio stream it was with a weak-ish signal. Still, my laptop had no problems.

That being said, at home I've had no problems streaming a Netflix movie on my tablet, so perhaps it's related to weaker signals?

10. swaaye

swaaye Pen Pal - Newbie

Notebooks do tend to have excellent WiFi reception. Large antennas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.