Venue 8 pro - powering on problems

Discussion in 'Dell' started by JP2013, Nov 23, 2013.

1. roobarb

roobarb Pen Pal - Newbie

TPM is the security chip of the device. The Microsoft article stated:

"This issue may occur with some computers that have TPM chips enabled. "

I disabled it but no change in behavior.

Also uninstalling the mentioned updates didn't bring any change in behavior.

So by now I don't see any silver bullet for the black screen :-(

Maybe we have to wait for the promised fix by Microsoft!?

2. alpard78

alpard78 Pen Pal - Newbie

Roobarb,
    After uninstalling the updates did you reinstall the wireless drivers and the Intel chipset drivers?
    After I did that my tablet has been working flawlessly.

I hope that does the trick for you.

3. JP2013

JP2013 Pen Pal - Newbie

hi alpard78, could you please point out which wireless and which intel drivers need to be installed after uninstalling the 2 windows updates?
    Thank you!

4. alpard78

alpard78 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi JP2013,

This is the link to the drivers in the Dell website, make sure to uninstall the updates and let the tablet restart, then install the drivers, I hope it works for you, my tablet hasn't failed so far:
    Drivers & Downloads | Dell US

Alpard78

5. JP2013

JP2013 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Alpard78,
    Thx for your answer.
    Unfortunately i am keeping the black screens.

I want to fully restore my 8 pro.
    Could you advice me in the best way to do this?
    option 1)
    - Restore the 8 pro
    - Installing all windows updates
    - Installing all Dell drivers
    - Uninstallingen the 2 windows updates KB2883200 & B2887595
    - reinstall the wireless drivers and intel chipset drivers from dell

option 2)
    - Restore the 8 pro
    - Installing all windows updates
    - Uninstallingen the 2 windows updates KB2883200 & B2887595
    - Installing all Dell drivers

What would be the best way? :)

6. roobarb

roobarb Pen Pal - Newbie

Did that but still black screen. It is that very rarely I can get it to work...

7. tablet25

tablet25 Scribbler - Standard Member

Please help!

I continue to get the black screen. It occurs after I attempt to login. The computer accepts my password, then freezes on the screen logging in where the dots spin in a circle. It goes black screen after a few seconds. If I lock screen with power button, then unlock I can see the front cover of the lock screen and pull it up, but when I do it goes right back to black screen.

Interestingly, when I force power down by long-holding the power button, then restart, it lets me login just fine. However, anytime I restart or shut down properly, through the windows interface, when I boot back up I get this freezing and lock screen.

After that didn't work, I did the following things:

I uninstalled the two mentioned updates.
    I uninstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled the Dell Wireless 1538 WiFi/BT Driver 3.7.2.45425, A01 driver
    I reinstalled the most recent Intel Chipset driver (603.9600.2067.26305, A03), even though this was already installed

No luck! Gahhhh!

Please some suggestions? This is annoying as all f*** :(

8. tablet25

I may have made some headway here. I got frustrated so I decided to do a complete factory reset. Immediately after this I put in my SD card, mapped a path from it to C:\SD Card, and proceeded to install Revo Uninstaller and CCleaner on SD card, and to re-map all my libraries and download folder to SD card. I then ran Revo to remove the preloaded Office software, and rebooted.

It did it again! Froze right after taking my password. At this point I'm deeply regretting that I am now 1 day outside my Staples return window... I noticed that when I was able to log in, that the desktop interface was always acting wonky (no great way to describe how, never quite the same but always a bit off). Anyways, I thought I would remap everything to the C drive and see what that did. Since doing so I haven't had any more problems with it freezing up and black-screening on me.

Very odd, I had followed the instructions here (http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/dell/59590-things-do-when-you-get-your-tablet.html) which point to this website: Converting an SD Card to Permanent Storage in Windows Devices | The World According to Mitch, I wonder why this would cause this and if there's some way around it? I really need to use my SD card for the expandable storage...

9. roobarb

roobarb Pen Pal - Newbie

That seems to be a total different topic to the one discussed in this thread.

10. tablet25

Its related because when I power on my computer and attempt to login it freezes then goes to a black screen.