Venue 8 Pro Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Dell' started by neurack, Oct 26, 2013.

1. redviper

redviper Scribbler - Standard Member

it almost works. I got an otg cable, and a powered hub and a usb3 display link adaptor. The performance is reasonable with the 1080p monitor attached. Biggest issue is it doesn't charge it that. So battery life takes a hot. Now don't get me wrong the battery lasts almost 2 days on my typical usage which browsing in metro, notes, Skype chat and im+ chat. I don't game on this nor do I spend a lot of time playing videos (though that's possible oh metro with multimedia 8). WiFi performance is exceptional though and I max out my broadband speed for the first time in any tablet. I haven't had any major issues except occasionally the device gets a little warm along the bottom.

Interestingly the version that shipped with dell is more snappy (I did remove all the dell crap though). I won't update drivers if I can help it and hopefully tue same firmware update that fixed the sp2 performance issues will fix the battery some more.

Did ny one try the mhl cable?that would be very useful when imo.

On the bog screen I get some latency but performance is pretty good for thinks like remote x, word and powerpoint. Bluetooth mouse and keyboard work well though but the wedge is just a little too small. I do change the scaling to 125%, and the desktop is useful bit not perfect.

I think the Intel chipset drivers would help a lot but that I don't want to break anything
    I essentially have not touched my ativ much after the performance of baytrail.

One more thing that is weird is, perhaps a placebo effect but inlingnis better now with the new tablet.
    I still hate the nip andni al going to see if I can replace the tip with the wacom tip, though I doubt anything would compare to the bamboo feel. There is no eraser with the tablet. Other than the hold screen and wrote I also find double tapping the screen to start inking helps.
    Drawing is not good, but the inking lag in metro is a lot less and I flow while writing.

Despite the short comings I am impressed by the accuracy of the text recognition. Its even better than the ativ.

I also played around some with recording audio notes and they come out ok.
    I use the desktop version for that.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

zoltansz likes this.
  2. sitongia

sitongia Scribbler - Standard Member

Exactly the same here. Ordered on 10/18.

My stylus/case order slipped from 10/31 to 11/15, and then shipped on 10/31 for an arrival of 11/5. Strange.

3. redviper

redviper Scribbler - Standard Member

On a similar note has anyone found a way to remove the 4.5g in dell recovery space?

4. skhboy168

skhboy168 Guest

How much free space for 32Gb version

Sent from my RM-846_apac_thailand_210 using Tapatalk

5. WolfKeeper

WolfKeeper Pen Pal - Newbie

6. zoltansz

zoltansz Pen Pal - Newbie

- deleted -

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  7. zoltansz

8. J0ebiden

J0ebiden Pen Pal - Newbie

9. zoltansz

Could someone of you who already got theirs report about the desktop application performance? I am going to use it for a midi sequencer/DAW that was running fine on older netbooks so I hope this one can run it too. Any opinion about the soundcard? It is acceptable over headphones?

Thanks,
    Z

10. nahnahnahnah batman

nahnahnahnah batman Pen Pal - Newbie

Does this tablet work with this -> NETGEAR Push2TV Wireless Display HDMI Adapter - Miracast and WiDi (PTV3000) ?

thanks