Venue 8 Pro Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Dell' started by neurack, Oct 26, 2013.

1. rüdiger

rüdiger Pen Pal - Newbie

I activated hibernate file myself to test it, and can confirm, Windows 10 AU shows the same behavior for me. I always had hibernate deactivated so I didn't notice it. I guess it's a bug or maybe this setting here:

[​IMG]

2. rüdiger

rüdiger Pen Pal - Newbie

Do what I told you (please).

1. click restore plan settings, then deactivate auto display brightness of course
    2. deactivate the option I attached above in the Windows 10 settings <- thats causing it mostly

Also your wifi issue is fixed with the LG drivers, I mentioned before on this thread.

3. jjsa1985

jjsa1985 Scribbler - Standard Member

View attachment 9602 View attachment 9603 View attachment 9604 View attachment 9605
    power and sleep.png hibernate after.png critical battery actiom.png batteryreport.png
    Here are my settings.

If you look in the battery report image, the first suspended state happened after 8 hours. I had set it to hibernate after 8 hours to see if it would still suspend after 30 minutes. I then went back and changed to never and it suspended after 30 minutes. I guess I will just leave it to hibernate after 12 or 24 hours. Having to boot from hibernate if left alone for a day isn't too terrible, I suppose. But it is a bug and it is not working the way it is supposed to. The scary thing is, this morning when the tablet booted from hibernation, I had the dreaded connected no internet. I couldn't disconnect or connect to other networks. I had to toggle wifi off and on to get connected.

One unrelaated issue, my touch keyboard is repeating strokes. If I'm not paying attention I get things like netwwwwworksss. Is aanyone else having this issue?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    gravary likes this.
  4. jjsa1985

What the heck is wrong with this site? i can't post my pictures the way I want to. I've been editing my post over and over again for the last 20 minutes trying to get this right.

5. rüdiger

rüdiger Pen Pal - Newbie

Read my post.

6. jjsa1985

Thanks. I will give that a try.

7. jjsa1985

This solved the issue. The tablet didn't suspend or hibernate all day. Thanks.

8. Scarabaea

Scarabaea Pen Pal - Newbie

Dell removed the buy-option for the german Dell Venue Pro 5855 site. Is the tablet already discontinued?

9. Chris_Kez

Chris_Kez Scribbler - Standard Member

After updating my Surface 3 to the Creator's Update I've decided to dust off the old DV8P 5830 and take a run at it. Wish me luck. ;)

10. jtoverath

jtoverath Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine updated last weekend and seems to be working fine.