Venue 8 Pro Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Dell' started by neurack, Oct 26, 2013.

1. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member

There is another interesting part in that thread:

I don't have the tablet with me atm, but interesting find.
    Oh yes and the driver is available at http://www.lgservice.co.kr/cs_lg/download/SoftwareDownloadDetailCmd.laf?cSeq=9252&cCatCode=SW01

2. ssbtech

ssbtech Pen Pal - Newbie

Is there a known issue with the WiFi on this tablet, specifically with it failing to re-enable after it's been disabled?

I'm often finding myself having to reboot the tablet in order to get WiFi to fire up again. This is a pain as I'm often switching between home and my hotspot.

Thanks!

3. NovaTornado

NovaTornado Pen Pal - Newbie

Yea, I have occasional issues with the wifi dying completely after it wakes up from sleep (usually for a longish period).

4. SolidSonicTH

SolidSonicTH Pen Pal - Newbie

Not sure if we're discussing the 5855 but anyone have any issues with the system not coming out of sleep mode (requiring a long press of the power button) and then BSOD'ing on boot with a "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" error? I've had this happen several times now.

5. rüdiger

rüdiger Pen Pal - Newbie

I had no BSOD anymore since I switched to the LG drivers 2 months ago. But I have a 5830.

6. SolidSonicTH

SolidSonicTH Pen Pal - Newbie

What drivers are you referring to?

7. rüdiger

rüdiger Pen Pal - Newbie

8. jjsa1985

jjsa1985 Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi everyone, I recently got a DV8P (original, 5830) and I need a little help. I tried searching but couldn't find a solution so if this has been dealt with before, please be patient with me and point me in the right direction.

I received my DV8P and updated it to the Anniversary Update using the media creation tool and choosing to keep nothing. First, it did not have the option to hibernate at critical battery level. I searched around and enabled hibernate by powercfg -h on and powercfg -h size on. The problem now is that the tablet suspends randomly. I leave it to sleep and when I come back it doesn't respond to a simple tap of the power button. I have to hold it for a few seconds, the Dell boot logo comes up, and then goes straight into what I had in Windows without needing to login, as though it was hibernating. I did a battery report and it says that the system went into suspend after 30 minutes of sleep. My power settings have been set to hibernate after never. I tried to set a long time (hibernate after 480 minutes) to see if that would help but the system still suspended after 30 minutes. I can disable hibernate by powercfg -h off and it seems to be fine but then at critical battery it will shut down, and I may potentially lose my work.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Edit: there were times when it went into suspend before 30 minutes. I had just put it to sleep, did one or two things and bam, it did not wake, needing a long press of the power button.

9. rüdiger

rüdiger Pen Pal - Newbie

Make a screenshot of your time settings.

10. inmnbob

inmnbob Scribbler - Standard Member

I can't get my system to boot only shows An imagine of a battery. Ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk