Venue 8 Pro Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Dell' started by neurack, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

While I don't disagree at to the battery use/drain issue at all, there is more to Win10 and the upgrade to it than that, and the original poster hadn't limited his post to battery use/drain (which remains, from all accounts, an unfortunate, continuing issue). Given the original poster's experience in migrating to Win10 once before, it's valuable to me to hear his reflections, based on his experience, as to what he has found as improvements to Win10, between then and now.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  2. Thomasky

Thomasky Pen Pal - Newbie

I can verify that under Windows 8.1, standby battery drain is around .33% per hour. ive done some tests letting my tablet in standby with wifi on over 10 hour periods and i lose around 4-5%. i dont plan on upgrading my dvp to windows 10 anytime soon as the tablet is performing great under 8.1. my main laptop runs windows 10 so im not missing what windows 10 has to offer.

3. LTBonham

LTBonham Pen Pal - Newbie

That is good to know. Thank you for sharing. I have never tested mine in W8. I only have anecdotal evidence

4. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Administrator Super Moderator

I've had to delete and edit a number of posts. Stay on-topic, and keep it non-personal.

Charles

jtoverath and eaferrari24 like this.
  5. Cho_ST

Cho_ST Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello. I was wondering if anyone can help me crack this little problem. Latley, whenever i connect my DV8P to a wireless display (my Samsung Smart TV), the screen on both the tablet and the TV shrinks to a fraction of the availible display. It used to work perfectly but now it does not. Ive attached 2 pictures of the screens.
    Cheers
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

6. LTBonham

LTBonham Pen Pal - Newbie

I am sorry we haven't been able to help you. I don't have a TV that I can test on.

7. Cho_ST

Cho_ST Pen Pal - Newbie

No worries! Thanks anyway

8. rüdiger

rüdiger Scribbler - Standard Member

Switched back to Windows81 on the V8P. It was the best decisions I could made. Finally battery life is normal again, no more bluescreens of the damn Qualcomm wifi/bluetooth driver.

9. JJWatMyself

JJWatMyself Pen Pal - Newbie

10. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

And so, am a bit confused: to deal with WiFi and Bluetooth issues on the DV8P under Win10, one downloads drivers from LG? And I'm sure I missed it, but where are the drivers available?