Venue 8 Pro Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Dell' started by neurack, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Cirano994

Cirano994 Pen Pal - Newbie

Uhm, another Wifi problem...

Disable the Wifi connection (with the swipe in the right bar, don't know how is called :D), standby and then try to re-enable the connection, nothing happen and i have to restart the tablet to have my wifi back.

Seems there are many issues with wifi drivers in Venue 8 Pro, especially the 64GB model, as i can see in the internet.
    Someone say that you have to uninstall some windows update (KB2887595 and KB2903939), but in the list i don't have that updates.

Anyone has the solution? :)

PS: as i said the first time i posted, please forgive me for the english :D

2. gammite

gammite Scribbler - Standard Member

thanks guys. i got my 5 gigs back.

3. GoldenBoy

GoldenBoy Pen Pal - Newbie

As quoted, i didn't find a solution with dell support, so i decided for a return back with refund.
    Will check in the future for a more mature product, this V8P has too many bugs for me.

4. klyph

klyph Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the backup files? I did a back-up to a thumbdrive and deleted my recovery partition and my son DELETED the files off the thumbdrive. Can anyone help?

5. mriches

mriches Pen Pal - Newbie

I recently bought a broken V8P to take the touch screen + digitizer as a replacement for my working Dell Venue 8 Pro (the "recipient"). I installed it, and the X axis is reversed for both the pen and the multitouch input.

I know the digitizer worked fine on the other Dell Venue 8 Pro that it was installed on (the "donor") - it's not defective in any way. In fact, when I swap the display back onto the original the display (and its input) still works fine.

I think there is a touch controller firmware setting somewhere that needs to be changed in the recipient machine. Any idea how I could go about changing it?

6. horn

horn Pen Pal - Newbie

Try test the cable which connect MB and screen.

7. mriches

mriches Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, I tested the cable and it works. That's not the problem.

8. juavil

juavil Pen Pal - Newbie

Have you checked he the part numbers of the mainboard and touch screen are the same in both tablets?
    Perhaps, there are several versions/manufactures with minor differences.

Enviado desde mi ST25i

9. mriches

mriches Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah, I'm sure the part numbers are different, and that's why the axis is mirrored. I'm interested in changing a setting to make the new part work - I don't want to go buy another part, when this one is 100% functional and it's just a setting somewhere.

10. quantum28

quantum28 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey everyone, I'm a new owner of a DVP8 64GB. Trying to get up and running, starting with system and driver updates.

1) Is anyone using Dell System Detect to update drivers? It says its downloaded, there is the IE11 popup at the bottom of the browswer (which disappears in a split second so i can even see or click what it says) ...and the install file is NOT in the downloads folder.

2) I manually updated the bios from a04 to a05.... but in the list of updates now appears that a08 is available... any feedback on that version?

3) when booting up this morning, i was prompted at the login screen that windows update had an update, and a restart would be required, so instead of logging in, i chose to do the update... it took at least 10 minutes and then the update failed so it had to roll back. Has anyone else experienced this?

427 pages is a lot to sift through for a newbie so I appreciate any help!
    Is there a reason this thread is not a sticky?

Cheers, happy 4th!