Venue 8 Pro Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Dell' started by neurack, Oct 26, 2013.

1. baiii

baiii Pen Pal - Newbie

By the way, what do you guys use for reading this forum or nbr?

2. St. Lamar

St. Lamar Scribbler - Standard Member

Firefox. Nothing against IE, but I have some favorite plugins for FF.

JayFord likes this.
  3. nerdteddy

nerdteddy Scribbler - Standard Member

Metro IE or Google Chrome, whichever position I'm at, laying down flat or sitting down, respectively.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  4. benny90

benny90 Scribbler - Standard Member

Tapatalk has been my go to since I found it. Definitely recommend, check it out. They have apps for nearly all platforms (Windows 8 & WP8 included) and support a ton of different forums.

eaferrari24 likes this.
  5. Osteoman

Osteoman Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok, no clue what happened but now every time I go to the Dell Support site the screen doesn't quite fit on the screen and seems pushed to the left. There is a weird floating white bar near the top and the button doesn't work when I try to sign agree. Basically I can't update I refreshed windows and I had already done all the Windows updates.

Any ideas?

Never mind, it just appears the Dell Support web site is screwed up.

The Dell detect software doesn't do anything on my DV8P either, which you have to have working to dl the Dell updates on the tablet. I guess will be downloading from another computer. Geez, why do they make this harder then it needs to be?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  6. eaferrari24

eaferrari24 Pen Pal - Newbie

Try Cover from the Store. It's the best comic app by far

7. Millni6

Millni6 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys long time looker but didn't want to post until I had it in hands. Now after 4 months of debating here we go! Just got my DV8P 64GB and have a number of questions. Feel free to answer what you can, any help would be appreciated. Thank you all so much, and good to be a part of the fold!

1.) For some reason I am on A04 Bios, from the sounds of it the verdict is still out for A05, can I downgrade to A03 for the overclocking options?
    2.) Are there any settings that I can tweak to increase gaming FPS. I understand that this is a glorified netbook in terms of performance but a lot of my games are sitting 20's in FPS and I would like to increase even 5 would be great.
    3.) I have the E-Thinker Keyboard how in heck do I get an "Esc" key added. One game I play C&C 3, needs it to access any of the menu in game.
    4.) Does it really take that long to charge, this thing seems CRAZY how long it takes to charge, although the battery life is pretty solid.
    5.) I have a lot of my games through Orgin (yuck) or Steam. Has anyone had any luck with installing games on the Micro SD and if so how?
    6.) Do you guys run an antivirus on this, if so what do you run.
    7.) Do you guys run game boosters, and do those help?

8. baiii

baiii Pen Pal - Newbie

Still looking for a solid way to charge from computer/laptop~ Have 4 or 5 cable work fine using ac adapter but none will charge from a computer.

pappyxmas likes this.
  9. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

How long is yours taking to charge? Mine will fully charge in around 3-4 hours.

For antivirus, I'm trying to keep it simple and am using the included Windows Defender. So far, so good.

10. Millni6

Millni6 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for answering a couple things. Really appericate your time.

I guess I'm not used to a tablet taking 3-4 hours to charge, my laptop charges quicker, as does my Andriod tablet and phone. I guess this must have a large battery in it and a small charger that is more or less meant for a cell phone.

Got it, thanks.