Venue 8 Pro Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Dell' started by neurack, Oct 26, 2013.

1. cpab

cpab Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned by anyone else yet but Dell are contacting owners of the Venue Pro 8 & 11 informing them that they will be receiving a new, replacement stylus in approximately a month. The woman who rang me asked for confirmation of shipping address and sent me a link to update the touch screen firmware when the stylus arrives. I currently have the Jan 14 stylus so this new one appears to be an entirely new design.

2. glebaka

glebaka Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello. Soon im getting my DV8P °can u say ahead which updates(bios wifi etc) i should install to get good working tablet and not to scree up everything at start. Thnks

3. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

But, if it drives you crazy . . . .

4. Eric the Ricer

Eric the Ricer Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok, thank you!

5. baiii

baiii Pen Pal - Newbie

tried a few different comic app and they all seem to focus on online read, and have swiping to change page........
    Pull out mangameeya and found that they have touchscreen support exactly like perfect view from android.

ALL hail legacy app.

6. SAM 2013

SAM 2013 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Sounds like great news!

Hopefully, this pen is the fix to the wobbliness
    in the handwriting, hover-clicking fits, & battery eating
    those expensive $3-$4 AAAA batteries.

7. benny90

benny90 Scribbler - Standard Member

If anyone has a MicroCenter near and need batteries for their stylus, they have packs of 2 AAAA batteries for $0.99.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

8. cpab

cpab Pen Pal - Newbie

Here is a copy of the email sent from Dell Support following the phone call....

Dear Valued Dell Customer:

As a follow up to our phone conversation, please find the order numbers we discussed and the download instructions below:

Order Number <xxxxxxxx>

Once you receive your new Stylus Pen(s), please use the appropriate link(s) below to access the specific Touch Screen Firmware for your device. Once the firmware download is complete, please run the downloaded file to install the update. When the update is complete you will need to reboot your system to ensure the installation is complete.
    If you are not sure what model you have you can identify it by:
    1. From a powered off state, press the power button until unit vibrates
    2. When Dell Logo appears, press and hold Volume Down button to enter the System Information screen
    3. Your system type can be identified by the title of the System Information Window (upper left corner)
    Venue 8 Pro (5830) Venue 11 Pro (5130) Venue 11 Pro (7130/7139)
    Driver Details | Dell US
    Driver Details | Dell US
    Driver Details | Dell US

&#12288;
    If you need assistance or have any other questions please contact Dell Tech Support
    Dell ProSupport Regional Contact Support Phone Numbers | Dell

Our Direct Model allows us to provide you, one of our valued customers, with greater information to enhance your experience with Dell systems. This has enabled us to quickly report this issue to you and provide you with the latest update to resolve this issue. Your satisfaction is our ultimate goal.

Regards,
    Dell, Inc.

------ Please do not remove your unique tracking number! ------
    <<#xxxxxx-xxxxxxx#>>

9. Osteoman

Osteoman Pen Pal - Newbie

Okay, I received my red 5830 last week as well as what I guess is the new pen design, as it had a 2/14 build date. The writing in OneNote was horrible with sqiggles and curly Q's everywhere. I just updated the screen firmware, as noted above and very obviously muuuuuccccchhhhh better. Not as good as my Note 3 still but usable even with my horrible handwriting.

10. baiii

baiii Pen Pal - Newbie

To charge off computer or car charger, all I need is a "shorted" usb cable?