Venue 8 Pro Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Dell' started by neurack, Oct 26, 2013.

1. tonyz3

tonyz3 Scribbler - Standard Member

You can go into the Dt windows update and uninstall this update if someone has updated to it and has wifi issues.

2. tablet25

tablet25 Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for the tip, I just ordered one and grabbed a cover for my girlfriends ipad mini too (will convert her eventually).

Quick question, what happens when you remove the cover, is your screen gunked up and ruined? From what I was reading sounds like the cover is pretty difficult to install, so want to make sure not screwed if I mess up.

3. kimck99

kimck99 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I have two DVPs for my kids and I created one USB recovery drive. Question, can you use the same USB recovery disk on the second DVP or do I need to create separate USB recovery drove?

Thanks

4. BenH

BenH Pen Pal - Newbie

I got another deal if any of you know someone who is looking to buy a DV8P:

Tigerdirect.com has them for $269 right now

Here's the deal though. They have a $70 rebate (a $60 and a $10) with some bundled AV software, so net price is $199. $199 is pretty good as is...but if you have an AmEx card, there is currently a $30 off $100 Tigerdirect.com deal you can link to your card (from the AmEx site under "Offers for You"). That brings it down to $170. Short of the $99 deal that MSFT did this week (which only a few hundred people could get) this is the best price you'll find.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
    leaftye and crashsuit like this.
  5. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I think what you're trying to do technically requires a Volume License Key which I know sounds crazy but that's Microsoft licensing for you. Windows OEM versions are tied specifically to the machine they come on, so I believe you need to backup the recovery partitions for both machines and be able to identity where each backup came from.

6. L.V.Gandhi

L.V.Gandhi Scribbler - Standard Member

After doing full update, I had wifi problem. At that point I was not knowing which one was causing the problem. Then I had restored to previous position and did the update one by one. Then only I came to know kb2903939 was causing the problem. If there was any report from anywhere, then whzt you wrote can be practiced. Hence, I posted for others to benefit.

7. BenH

BenH Pen Pal - Newbie

Even if legally you couldn't do it (I'm not sure...I think the recovery partition is non-unique and you would enter in your key from the device), technically you should be able to.
    You should have a piece of paper that came with each device with the product key for each one.

Its like when Dell ships you a copy of OEM media - they have no idea or care of what your product key is, because it is a one-size fits all installer.

8. Lonsarg

Lonsarg Pen Pal - Newbie

Serial key is written inside bios, so you can use any recovery or any instalation disc, as long as you have all the drivers.

If Dell Will not make all the drivers availible on their webpage, maybe we should copy the missing drowers from Windows folder so we need no recovery, just normal Windows 8 instalation. I think someone said touchscreen drivers are the only one missing if you go fresh? I Will try it someday soon😊

9. Variable

Variable SiteCharts.com

Looks like you need to activate the Av software to get the rebate (the form for which only lists $10?)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  10. HTWingNut

HTWingNut 8-bit

I went through one by one and that was the only one that caused an issue for me. Once I updated the BIOS to A04 and network drivers from Dell, it no longer was an issue.

Great deal, thanks! :) I ordered two. I'm sure I'll botch one up or need replacing eventually.

Venue 8 Pro is available at MicroCenter (in store only) for $229 if anyone is still interested and have a MicroCenter near them: http://www.microcenter.com/product/422081/Venue_8_Pro_Tablet

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013