Venue 8 Pro Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Dell' started by neurack, Oct 26, 2013.

1. eternal

eternal Scribbler - Standard Member

The pen issue isn't with windows. Mine hover clicks in the bios

2. cyberguy

cyberguy Pen Pal - Newbie

How and where can I install the new touch firmware update that I keep seeing? Is it good to update?

3. WolfKeeper

WolfKeeper Pen Pal - Newbie

Driver Details | Dell US

4. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Run the My Dell application and click the Drivers & Downloads button and look for the touch panel update. So far I think it's a good update.

5. Gloomba

Gloomba Pen Pal - Newbie

Good to hear that someone else has this issue too. Hadn't seen it mentioned. I wasn't worried about it because hitting the power button twice always fixes it.

6. WolfKeeper

WolfKeeper Pen Pal - Newbie

Just tried it, mine too. The pen, or the hardware? :confused:

7. dprice7

dprice7 Scribbler - Standard Member

Uhoh.. It's my turn to have hardware problems. When I fired it up this afternoon it was in "sleep of death" (probably?). Pressing power wouldn't start it up.. screen would light up, but just black. Starting up with the volume down button would (eventually) bring up the BIOS, then quitting out would start Windows up. However, the BIOS screen, the Dell loading screen and the Windows display image all jitter randomly... like a loose cable on an old analog monitor. I'm wondering if it was the firmware update....

Video:
    Dell Venue 8 Pro Screen Bounce after 11/18 Update - YouTube

8. gerg

gerg Scribbler - Standard Member

Since we're sharing horror stories... a few days ago I installed a fair number of applications to test pressure sensitivity. Shut the machine down and went to bed. The next day, turned it on; booted up and logged in; and the touch screen did not work at all in Windows. The only input method that worked was the stylus.

Shut it down and restarted a few times, trying different things. The touch screen worked fine in the BIOS and fine for the Windows logon, and then nothing. So I did a Refresh (not full reinstall) in Recovery, and after that the touch screen worked everywhere just like before. Weird.

Separate issue, several times I've logged in and gotten a dark screen. The backlight is on, but the display is black. Off to standby and back on seems to fix it.

9. ccmn2000

ccmn2000 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have seen this multiple times on my device. This doesn't concern me as much because its probably a software issue and can be fixed with an update but still annoying.

10. tbirch

tbirch Pen Pal - Newbie

Ya, opening (logging in) in portrait mode would fix it for me as well. Then it magically fixed itself one day and now I can log in in landscape mode without it going to a black screen. Weirdness...