Venue 8 Pro Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Dell' started by neurack, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

You could always get some cheap non-active capacitive stylus. Any of these should work; however, if you want/need hover, palm rejection, buttons, automatic sensing of pen vs finger, and pressure sensitivity the Dell stylus is the only option. Honestly though, I don't think $35 is high. Wacom tech adds over $100 to the cost of the device (but most of that is hidden in the increased cost of the slate as opposed to the pen).

2. Tommy_Oliver

Tommy_Oliver Pen Pal - Newbie

The problem with the Note 8 (and any Android device) is the lack of drawing software. My bread and butter for digital doodling is ArtRage, and there is a great iOS port, and obviously the V8P can run the x86 version (which is why I really wanna see a video or something showing inking performance in that app with Dell's pen). Android offers a few art apps, but nothing that works for my usage as well as ArtRage does (bold lineart, watercolor simulation).

If the Note 8 ran Windows, or there was an Android port of ArtRage, I'dve bought it the day it came out

3. Ishman

Ishman Pen Pal - Newbie

4. teknikk7

teknikk7 Pen Pal - Newbie

I am almost positive this is a Windows 8 thing. Turn off secure boot. I will be attempting a dual boot of Kali-Linux soon. I will post my findings.

5. teknikk7

teknikk7 Pen Pal - Newbie

I am also having this issue with many games. I am not sure what the problem is? I am thinking the GPU may be too weak or not have enough RAM. Or other thoughts are video drivers, not sure though.

6. Eyepop

Eyepop Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey, I'm trying to get bluestacks working, and have tried the resolution registry tweaks without success. In landscape mode bluestacks still insists on executing in portrait mode (taking up the right 3rd of the screen), and when I rotate the device into portrait mode, bluestacks takes up the whole screen but is now in landscape mode. Is there another workaround for this specific problem, other than locking orientation into portrait in Windows, making windows the wrong way but bluestacks correct.

7. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Does anyone know why the battery life prediction indication for the power tray icon doesn't show up? Is there a way to turn this on? My Surface RT also had this problem, and there I just assumed it was a limitation of RT.

8. tonyz3

tonyz3 Scribbler - Standard Member

I have the Dell stylus getting delivered next week but i linked that Motorola one earlier in the thread. I was curios if it would work also. Just for the heck of it i ordered it and it will be del tomorrow or Friday. I am not expecting it to work but you never know and if it does the price is good....I will report back after i get it.

9. Don1

Don1 Scribbler - Standard Member

I called to return the stylus after the tip fell out and got lost and to return the case which I doubt would last beyond the 10th time you bend it in place to use as a stand and got them to throw me a $60 bone not to return the venue. At this point it is $240 for the 64 which is probably a pretty good price once they fix the issue with wifi going off on occasion.

teknikk7 likes this.
  10. tonyz3

tonyz3 Scribbler - Standard Member