Venue 8 Pro Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Dell' started by neurack, Oct 26, 2013.

1. ElAguila

ElAguila Scribbler - Standard Member

Anybody have any issues with some of the win 8 games not displaying correctly? My favorite tower defense game is radiant defense. But when I launch it it looks all stretched and the touches don't correspond to items on screen. Anybody else want to see if this game is the same on theirs? If it is then it is an app issue, if not then it is my VP8.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

2. noxxle

noxxle Scribbler - Standard Member

Anyone noticing light leakage around the top right corner (near power plug)?

3. baconstrip

baconstrip Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry if this was recently answered, this thread is so gigantic it's hard to find the information I'm looking for :)

Do the higher end SD Cards matter? I remember elsewhere in this thread, someone said that they could not surpass 30mb/sec with their SD card. The difference between a 30mb/sec class 10 and a 90mb/sec class 10 is like double the price. Is it still worth spending more on a 64gb card? Is this an issue for anyone else?

Thank you!

Loving my Venue 8 (64gb) so far. I can't see myself ever wanting to go back to an android tablet after using it, it still is hard to believe that it's a full, complete computer. Now to wait for a proper case / keyboard...

4. UserMade

UserMade Pen Pal - Newbie

My DV8 turns off\hibernates(?) if I leave it asleep for a long time.... ill press the power key and it will boot like it was off. Is this normal? Is there a way to turn this off? Its never turned off while I was actually using it, so it doesn't seem like a hardware defect.

5. docangle

docangle Pen Pal - Newbie

6 1/2 hours and still not done, I am on hold again after being disconnected, was offered $75 discount.

6. WolfKeeper

WolfKeeper Pen Pal - Newbie

This morning my V8P shut down three times inside of two hours. Checked the event logs and noticed something was crashing it... turned out to be Steam trying to start in Desktop mode. I disabled it from starting when Windows boots and no issues so far today since.

7. baconstrip

baconstrip Pen Pal - Newbie

I haven't tried Xcom, but I had the same problem with Civ V until I set all the graphical settings to low. It runs now :)

8. tonyz3

tonyz3 Scribbler - Standard Member

If you mean how to turn off hibernate...you can do this. How to disable hibernation and save space on your ssd drive using Windows 8? - YouTube
    I did it on my Dell venue pro and LEnovo miix8 to save space. I saw it posted right about the time i was have SOD trouble when the lenovo went to sleep. Since doing this i have not had any issues.

9. J0ebiden

J0ebiden Pen Pal - Newbie

So just for clarity, you are saying that the DV8P doesn't limit the read/write speeds and therefore it is best to go with the faster "Extreme" card?

10. shakermaker41

shakermaker41 Pen Pal - Newbie