Venue 8 Pro Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Dell' started by neurack, Oct 26, 2013.

1. NJHitmen

NJHitmen Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm having the same problem. Only started behaving like this recently; it was fine a few days ago. No clue what changed or what's causing it, but it's getting to be really irritating.

2. dprice7

dprice7 Scribbler - Standard Member

I noticed that too, but setting it to enabled caused the "camera on" led to be stuck on and the camera couldn't be recognized. Leaving it disabled doesn't seem to cause a problem using the usb port with an otg adapter.

3. teknikk7

teknikk7 Pen Pal - Newbie

Yea, even if I put it in standby it will come back on within a minute or two but after that it shuts off completely.

4. Ishman

Ishman Pen Pal - Newbie

This page has some information Intel HD Graphics (Bay Trail) - NotebookCheck.net Tech

Looks to be a lower class 5 graphics. Look down the chart to class 5 and see about where it compares to other graphics cards.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
    demandarin likes this.
  5. Arcyne

Arcyne Pen Pal - Newbie

Did a quick test, to hibernate seems like 1-2 seconds, turning on does a post then restore, seems to take approx 4-5 seconds.

R

6. ThreeWulfMoon

ThreeWulfMoon Pen Pal - Newbie

I've got a DV8P 32 GB on the way and hope it will be here Wednesday. I've read through the entire thread here and I'm disappointed to hear about the stylus but encouraged that it might be improved with a driver update. I've been a tablet PC user for a long time (first one was a HP TC1100) and I'm pretty excited about the DV8P. I've happily been using an iPad Mini, but I sometimes need the horsepower and capabilities of a full Windows machine. Has anyone got the Targus rugged case yet?

7. countolaf

countolaf Pen Pal - Newbie

I've had the 32GB since Tuesday. After about a day I updated the firmware and it seems that on this new firmware the auto screen brightness does not work; and I'm pretty sure it did before. Has anyone else had this experience? I ended up returning a Galaxy Note 8 because its auto brightness was completely hosed as well.

Other than that the device is working well except for my 5Ghz WiFi frequently saying "not connected" when I try to load a web page, then fixing itself a moment later.

8. shakermaker41

shakermaker41 Pen Pal - Newbie

I replaced my Lenovo Miix2 with the Venue 8 Pro. Only crappy thing so far - my microsd card will not "click" in. I've tried two of them, neither "click" or get recognized by the system. Has anyone else run into this?

9. ccmn2000

ccmn2000 Pen Pal - Newbie

I was just looking up battery calibration, very interesting. I can do this test on Monday while at work. I will take the data before and after to see if there is any difference and report back.
    Just out of curiosity I looked at my ZenBook UX31E* - DESIGN CAPACITY 47,880 mWh FULL CHARGE CAPACITY 39,711 mWh
    When I get some time I will try the calibration on it also.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  10. OgreMustCrush

OgreMustCrush Pen Pal - Newbie

FYI, pretty much any device that uses a thin flat battery is using Li-Poly. Normal Li-Ion cells are cylindrical. Technically Li-Poly is a specialized form of Li-Ion, so many use the term for even polymer cells.